Engine Removal - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Engine Removal

[QUOTE=Moyston;1772096]

Not sure about the aftermarket seat, but looks comfy
    Troy and mysonner like this.
    K6 1000 forks and radial brakes, carrozzerrias, m4 full system, pcIII, barnett springs, ohlins rear, galfer wavies front and rear, +2 rear sprocket, speed kings blue cf screen, braided brake and clutch lines, GCC cf hugger, Vans billet clutch pressure plate and clear clutch cover and other goodies

electrics are a fkn nightmare routing it in and out.....lucky took pics....still going...but that will do...not confident it will fire up..thinking to far ahead...

Stop staring at my Tits!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Ring-In View Post
    I put a chain on the engine and pull them up with a block and tackle
    yer i dont have anything to use on the garage beams...all plaster...could hang it off the light bulb.......anyway...all torque up....

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

What a coincidence, Mr Moyston. I was just looking at sticking my motor back in and the method I was thinking of was exactly like you've done there. Stick in the lower bolt and use it as a pivot to lift the motor into place. Actually with the front end off I reckon the frame will just drop onto the motor then I can use the stands to jack the whole lot back up again.

I'll just hang the frame on the motor then pick the whole lot up back onto the stands.

A block and tackle would be nice but the lollypop stick joists in my garage probably wouldn't take the weight.
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

Evil Twin
    [QUOTE=dadat178;1772098]
    Quote Originally Posted by Moyston View Post

Not sure about the aftermarket seat, but looks comfy
    My bet is that's the supervisor's chair

Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    What a coincidence, Mr Moyston. I was just looking at sticking my motor back in and the method I was thinking of was exactly like you've done there. Stick in the lower bolt and use it as a pivot to lift the motor into place. Actually with the front end off I reckon the frame will just drop onto the motor then I can use the stands to jack the whole lot back up again.

I'll just hang the frame on the motor then pick the whole lot up back onto the stands.

A block and tackle would be nice but the lollypop stick joists in my garage probably wouldn't take the weight.
    i was nearly going to take front end off....if all else failed....then lower frame on...then trying to lift it id be in all sorts.....u must have the same builder who built my garage

The builder who worked on my house before bought it was head of the guild of master bodgers. If there was a way to screw up any job he'd find it and improve on it.
    Things like he plumbed the extension they built onto the house with high pressure pipe when it isn't a high pressure water system. No two light switches work the same way and every light fitting uses a different type of bulb. I mean it takes effort to get things as wrong as he did.

I think what I'm going to do with my motor is set it on a slightly raise platform. I'll leave the front end on and just lift the frame over the motor. That should make it easier to get the front bolts in as I won't have so far to list the motor. Once that's done I can just pick up the back end of the frame and drop it back on the axle stands that its sitting on now. Reassemble the swing arm, shock etc and jobs a good 'un. I can still lift the motor on my own.

I've probably got a couple of years left before the arthritis stops me doing that.

May have to change my sig soon though. I'm not going to surprise anyone with my speed these days. My joints sound like a bowl of rice krispies.
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

I found that the front head has to be tilted towards the front tyre, as you just cant lower it on top of the motor....I had it tilted a little bit forward and was able to lift with the use of the rear exhaust. Once you get that in the rear frame hole, it sort of balances..so u can rest and admire what you have done, while straightening your back out....

ok, tried picking up all the electrical cables and unravel the fkn bag of spaghetti. Was glad that I taped each cord as had a basic understanding of were what went and which connected to what...
    so kick stand on and came across that speedo sensor...not good...

i forgot to take pics of all the wiring, but it makes sense when u put it all together, then throw on the throttle bodies...as most connect to that...
    getting them on, was careful not to pinch pull apart some hard to get at hose , wire etc...then pushed em ok...

then I reminded myself of the ever impending electric wiring of doom on the rmx that has to be done....

not the best but then connected all the rubber hoses that make the water go round...

this picture is all the wiring and im looking at it thinking..there is something missing....just cant picture it....

some more hoses and the radiators are on..gave em a blow and got rid of heaps of shit and dust collected .

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links