Engine Removal - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Engine Removal

cheers stu

Naked TLS 97 , D port heads, TRE, Carrozzaria gold wheels, GSXR750 triples and forks, R1 calipers, Ti Force titanium exhaust system, welded clutch centre, ring-in CCC, polished pressure plate, 999 ducati radiator, custom handlebar fairing, polished ali screen, TLR clocks, Van reservoirs, TLR swingarm, TLR Ohlins rear shock, Norton Commando handlebars on 65mm risers, extra heavy polished billet brass bar-ends, custom shaped seat pad, billet levers and pegs, stainless brake lines, modified airbox, PC11 ,undertail, hugger, clear taillight lens, hidden LED number plate lights, Personal number plate (97TLS),SV coils, ring-in pushrod seal saver.

yer the left hand one has some grip in it so can do the weld, the right hand, how, its right down in the case...? that will be diff...

Stop staring at my Tits!!

ignore it being low.

just push the rod or wire down to it.

cheers stu

Naked TLS 97 , D port heads, TRE, Carrozzaria gold wheels, GSXR750 triples and forks, R1 calipers, Ti Force titanium exhaust system, welded clutch centre, ring-in CCC, polished pressure plate, 999 ducati radiator, custom handlebar fairing, polished ali screen, TLR clocks, Van reservoirs, TLR swingarm, TLR Ohlins rear shock, Norton Commando handlebars on 65mm risers, extra heavy polished billet brass bar-ends, custom shaped seat pad, billet levers and pegs, stainless brake lines, modified airbox, PC11 ,undertail, hugger, clear taillight lens, hidden LED number plate lights, Personal number plate (97TLS),SV coils, ring-in pushrod seal saver.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

well that will be the job at the end.....continued on with the removal...so triple off, and all the wiring gone....i sure hope I can put this back together...the forks have got a weep, but I have some gixer k4 to put on lying around....do that later...

then electrics and whatever else falls out

im wrapped when I picked this up...picked up this you beaut suspension...the tech guys says this is revolutionary to the suzuki bikes and will set that standard....thats fantastic i thought...
    Troy likes this.

oh well all bits out..time to clean up....

then wheeled out to cover it in anything that will remove years of crud

not the same pic, but all clean now...

then in for a wipe and put the other engine in...

so I tried it with the rear wheel..set the engine up, and balanced engine etc....

it was a real prick...mind you i didnt have a jack to lift engine...so then I took the back wheel off...

then was able to pick the bike up and lower it over the engine...
    was able to lift thru and pick up the engine, and at same time push the lower bolt through the bottom section, and it was in...

all those bits of timber and bars were used to rest it and balance it...

not the best way, but was on my own, and wasnt going to let it beat me...
    then once that was in, was able to jack the engine up with a car jack under the oil filter, and it aligned straight in...

im sure others will have had better ways, but it worked, engine hanger thingys on, ignition coils in ....fk it..that was it..i was sweaty like a pig..nice 26 degrees here....
    and just in case...yes the exhaust tip was put in before rigging it up...didnt forget that....read chuck did his, got it all in, and then forget the pipe..had to take it all out again...no way can you do it up when engine is in there...

I put a chain on the engine and pull them up with a block and tackle

cheers stu

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links