OldTLSDoug, Sinner, Blasphemer? Or Just a Stupid Old Guy? Or does shit just happen?

Thread: OldTLSDoug, Sinner, Blasphemer? Or Just a Stupid Old Guy? Or does shit just happen?

OldTLSDoug, Sinner, Blasphemer? Or Just a Stupid Old Guy? Or does shit just happen?

So, I got up late today, I forgot to set the alarm. I went to work, it sucked, so since I have been there almost 30 yrs I took off early and took tomorrow off. Thinking this could be good. So I rode the RC8R home, what a hoot, wheelies, stoppies, passing cars, Woo Hoo! I get home, I am feeling good! Then my daughter drives up, her a/c compressor is crapping out as she drives up (I think it is the a/c compressor, the a/c doesn't work and it is too fast to be crankshaft and too slow to be cams. So tomorrow I take it in to get fixed (did I mention I need to pay for it, kids don't have money, and she is pregnant), should only be $850-$1500 or so they tell me. So I got that sorted, I need a bike ride. It is 3:00 PM, it is 106°F, so I decide to ride my DR-Z to Donna's (my girlfriend) house and feed her cats so she can come straight over after work. So I am riding in the heat on the DR-Z, spanking the little beast for all it is worth and then, about 4-5 miles from her house, my leg is getting oddly hot and the thing smells. I look down and I am covered with oil on my left leg!!!! , apparently some knucklehead didn't tighten the timing plug properly, and I spewed 1/2 of my oil out on my leg and the bike. Wow, what a shitty day. As you can see I was out in the middle of nowhere.............

I have oil everywhere, and it is now 108°F. Sucky sucky day...............so while i was on the side of the road waiting, I ordered the parts I needed, and in general felt pretty stupid. Then a couple of buddies from work stopped on their way home. I sat in a nice air conditioned car wondering, "If I had set the alarm, would any of this have happened?

So, of course it wouldn't have mattered. I am taking the car in to the shop in the morning, then I go to the Dr., then I piddle with the DR-Z. Shit happens, but why so much at once. I could have real problems I should shut up.

Cheers fella's.

Note the clever access hole, sans timing plug, my chain never looked so good!

Man that boot was hot

Be Good, Wear Gear, Do Wheelies,

Doug "OldTLSDoug" Basinger
    2010 KTM RC8R Akropovic Limited Edition 23 of 25
    2008 KTM Super Duke 990
    1982 Honda Z50R
    1978 Yamaha SR500E
    G-Town Squid Squad, Feb. 04 TLOTM

[SIGPIC]https://www.tlzone.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1458&dateline=1210726 963[/SIGPIC]

nature is torturing you for having so many toys!

Oooh, I want to say payback for making me jealous but that would be childish.

Fcuk it...........unlucky Doug!!
    Mark.

TLOTM JULY '11

People I will not deal with: tl1000s/tl1000r Will/2012-krystal or whatever he decides he might/might not call himself.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

I'd venture that the bike misadventures were still better than a day at work

Cams spin more slowly than a crank I think

If you get bored, its not too hard to replace a compressor and stuff. Only special tools you need are a vacuum pump and gauges. Bolt new stuff on, suck it down, re-fill with the freon/r-134 'till pressures are good. I'll be doing the same to pilette's cage as soon as parts arrive.

Josh

TL Zone Forum Staff - Resident RAIN RIDER

Questions about The Forums? Click Here

1997 TL1000S/V
    - TLR Akro Evo Ti Exhaust - PCII - 5.5" rear rim & 180/55 - Avon AV45/46ST tires - No Steering damper- Uni Filter -Relocated Temp sensor & 98+ t-stat housing/wp cover - TLRCrazy1 Fan Switch Mod - Dual Star heated Grips - HeliBars - 60k miles.

9k mile summer ride report [summer '08]

Ride report: Oshkosh, Rockies, UT, NV, CA, Bajal [summer '09]

Nope, getting it done, taking it in shortly, biting the bullet. I hate working on cars anyway.

2008 KTM Super Duke 990
    1982 Honda Z50R
    1978 Yamaha SR500E

[SIGPIC]https://www.tlzone.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1458&dateline=1210726 963[/SIGPIC]

you must "work"for the government
    oh and whats with the black coat,getcha a white one fer the summer doood

of coarse im green with envy you and all yer new bikes ya prick
    once i thought i was wrong but i was just mistaken!!

if yer bored as hell look at my ebay store !!

http://stores.ebay.com/onanysunday711

Well the Honda has a knocking #1 rod bearing, not good news, not the end of the world either. They think they can change them out and all is good if the crank isn't harmed, we shall see. P.S. someone's Honda Civic had no oil in it.......

2008 KTM Super Duke 990
    1982 Honda Z50R
    1978 Yamaha SR500E

Quote Originally Posted by oldtlsdoug View Post
    Well the Honda has a knocking #1 rod bearing, not good news, not the end of the world either. They think they can change them out and all is good if the crank isn't harmed, we shall see. P.S. someone's Honda Civic had no oil in it.......
    One lesson generally learnt hard and quickly is that engine's need oil ...........
    Done: Fat-bar conversion; DNA Handlebar fairing; TLR Clock conversion; Yosh TLR Headers, one-off link pipes & Carbon cans; Relocated oil cooler; Relocated Coolant bottle; Transistor TRE; PCII; +1/-1 sprockets; Hyperpro steering damper & 916 style mount; Maxton Re-Valved forks; Tokico 6 pot callipers; HEL braided hoses; TLR Swing-arm; Bitubo shock; Yellow Box; 98+ Thermo-mod; JarkkoT +/- mod; Airbox mod; K&N air filter; Riflemans 1/5th; Harris carbon mudguard; Carbon Solo Seat Unit; Pyramid undertray; Powder coated wheels; Mini indicators; LSL rearsets; Scotoiler

Bummer

Maybe she left the timing inspection cover off and the oil spewed out, stranger things have happened

Josh

TL Zone Forum Staff - Resident RAIN RIDER

Questions about The Forums? Click Here

1997 TL1000S/V
    - TLR Akro Evo Ti Exhaust - PCII - 5.5" rear rim & 180/55 - Avon AV45/46ST tires - No Steering damper- Uni Filter -Relocated Temp sensor & 98+ t-stat housing/wp cover - TLRCrazy1 Fan Switch Mod - Dual Star heated Grips - HeliBars - 60k miles.

9k mile summer ride report [summer '08]

Ride report: Oshkosh, Rockies, UT, NV, CA, Bajal [summer '09]

Quote Originally Posted by BikePilot View Post
    Bummer

Maybe she left the timing inspection cover off and the oil spewed out, stranger things have happened
    once i thought i was wrong but i was just mistaken!!

if yer bored as hell look at my ebay store !!

http://stores.ebay.com/onanysunday711

Sponsored Links