spark plugs

Thread: spark plugs

spark plugs

can anyone think of a reason why i can't use a resistor plug in my 96 610 husky.....the stock one is c7e......but non of the shops stock them....i can get cr7 and 8 all day long...
    TL1000SV(97),tlr motor with 1040 bore kit,,radiused inlets,flowed heads,modded airbox with tlr bell mouths,k & n filter,,,57mm downpipes with matching one off cans, + and ground mods.pc3 with custom map,gsxr radial front end, ohlins rear shock,tlr swingarm,metzeler racetecs(rear 190/55/17)two teeth up on rear sprocket.

No problems with using a resistor plug. At worst, the spark might be the tineyst bit less intense. People all around will be happy that their radios work

Josh

TL Zone Forum Staff - Resident RAIN RIDER

Questions about The Forums? Click Here

1997 TL1000S/V
    - TLR Akro Evo Ti Exhaust - PCII - 5.5" rear rim & 180/55 - Avon AV45/46ST tires - No Steering damper- Uni Filter -Relocated Temp sensor & 98+ t-stat housing/wp cover - TLRCrazy1 Fan Switch Mod - Dual Star heated Grips - HeliBars - 60k miles.

9k mile summer ride report [summer '08]

Ride report: Oshkosh, Rockies, UT, NV, CA, Bajal [summer '09]

i guessed it was because earyl husky electrics were not that great.....and they just kept using the same plugs.....will take a spare tl one with me......not too worried about radios.....only sheep where i'm going...
    TL1000SV(97),tlr motor with 1040 bore kit,,radiused inlets,flowed heads,modded airbox with tlr bell mouths,k & n filter,,,57mm downpipes with matching one off cans, + and ground mods.pc3 with custom map,gsxr radial front end, ohlins rear shock,tlr swingarm,metzeler racetecs(rear 190/55/17)two teeth up on rear sprocket.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

I never had any troubles with the electrics on the 1995 husky WXC250 I used to race. Once I crashed and distroyed the ignition cover so it was just the bare flywheel spinning out in the air. That seemed bad enough with lots of sand and stuff about, but there was a deep river about 100yrds wide between me and the truck. I wasn't keen on pushing the bike so rode it through. The bike ran just dandy with the ignition stuff submerged in water I couldn't believe it. Was a trip watching the flywheel churn up the water

Josh

TL Zone Forum Staff - Resident RAIN RIDER

Questions about The Forums? Click Here

1997 TL1000S/V
    - TLR Akro Evo Ti Exhaust - PCII - 5.5" rear rim & 180/55 - Avon AV45/46ST tires - No Steering damper- Uni Filter -Relocated Temp sensor & 98+ t-stat housing/wp cover - TLRCrazy1 Fan Switch Mod - Dual Star heated Grips - HeliBars - 60k miles.

9k mile summer ride report [summer '08]

Ride report: Oshkosh, Rockies, UT, NV, CA, Bajal [summer '09]

HA Ha ... fantastic .. they do seen to just keep going ... mine smokes like a 70s 2 stroke when cold ..but she still lifts the front in forth of the throttle .. a lot more robust than I thought ..

the resistor is just to supress radio interferance so should work just fine
    You've got to lean it over as far as you dare .... then go a little bit more!..... NO CHICKEN STRIPS ALLOWED!!!!!

Sponsored Links