ccm 644 (need more power?)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ccm 644 (need more power?)

ccm 644 (need more power?)

hey guys, a friend of mine has a ccm 644 dual sport. he's looking for more grunt! he has drilled more holes in the airbox to aid breathing, but thats it.
    if anyone would like to share any tips to squeeze a few more ponys out of the ol'' girl would be great
    james

IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE, YOU TAKE UP TOO MUCH ROOM
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    YORKSHIRE BORN, YORKSHIRE BRED. STRONG IN THE ARM, THICK IN THE HEAD

Is that the same motor at the Suzuki DR-650SE?

Ok, i checked and it seems to be. Pro-cycle has a bunch of stuff as well as Keintech. For my bike (a '07 DR-650) i have a TM-40 carburetor, a Yosh RS-3 exhaust can,a high compression piston and Web cam to put in over the new years holiday, and have done a bunch of stuff to l ighten the bike including removing the airbox completely and running a 6" UNI pod filter on a homebrew manifold adapter, removing the rear of the sub frame, etc, etc.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Its close, it uses the same motor as the suzk xf650 that's the same as the dr but with a different head I think. Its a good reliable motor but not really designed with performance in mind. There's power to be had on the dr by opening the exhaust and intake up. After that I think its cams and compression. I belive je has a high comp piston. Chceck with kientech and have a look at the dr section of thumpertalk. There won't be many ccm of xf specific mods or info bc it was never imported to the states. Dr piston should work though and probably cam though the ccm probably has a better cam than the dr to start with. Its a cool bike and I wish the us had gotten them!

thanks for the info guys
    i can't wait till the snows gone so i can have a go
    james

IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE, YOU TAKE UP TOO MUCH ROOM
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    YORKSHIRE BORN, YORKSHIRE BRED. STRONG IN THE ARM, THICK IN THE HEAD

Waiting for email confirmation TLDV8's Avatar
    The twin carb head might be based on the DR750 DR800 so maybe some FCR's would fit.
    Procycle do a 725cc kit which would probably work.
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/manurewa/YL8Smallz.jpg

just sold my ccm644ds
    engine is the freewind not DR, see no need for the big bore kit, nice open Zorst air box cover off with carbs rejetted to suit
    much info on the ccmrider site, great lads there and other sites copy from it
    my jetting seemed slightly different but then i got myself a lambda unit and welded a mount to the header (keep well away from zorst as big singles breath so heavy and can get false reading from air drawn back)
    mine was actually much more tractable with better fuel consumption, std sprockets maxis tyres
    have fun..... i did apart from locking rear brake up to easily, i had no preload adj on forks (WP) so added 25mm long spacers above springs (used mostly in road trim)
    ps junk the fuel filter (reed style shoved up steel fuel pipe at carb entry) gets blocked with plastic from fuel tank, use see thru inline and fit brisk plugs (2x) much better burn
    toodle pip......hope this of some use

The Freewind is just a DR engine with a twin carb head.
    Oddly since posting here a DR shat itself over on the East coast and its cylinder should be here by next week so a 725 kit is on the cards to swap over at the 50000 km mark.

That only leaves fuel injection.
    Two Brothers M7 is on the way and the FMF PowerBomb header (production release due the end of January) is paid for.

You would have to wonder if a 105mm front TL cylinder and head could be adapted to the DR cases.

You can guarantee just like the TL,the squish on the DR/Freewind will be excessive and needs optimising.

Les, leave it to you to turn a frindly little dual sporter into a tricked out monster If I hadn't just seen the rego thread I'd have suggested that a TE610 or TE630 might be cheaper

Josh

TL Zone Forum Staff - Resident RAIN RIDER

Questions about The Forums? Click Here

1997 TL1000S/V
    - TLR Akro Evo Ti Exhaust - PCII - 5.5" rear rim & 180/55 - Avon AV45/46ST tires - No Steering damper- Uni Filter -Relocated Temp sensor & 98+ t-stat housing/wp cover - TLRCrazy1 Fan Switch Mod - Dual Star heated Grips - HeliBars - 60k miles.

9k mile summer ride report [summer '08]

Ride report: Oshkosh, Rockies, UT, NV, CA, Bajal [summer '09]

The DR has responded well to some mods,Josh.
    I still like it for its simplicity and is a great all rounder, a lot of those parts can be removed if necessary.
    The Two Brothers VALE M7 is here,the FMP PowerBomb header should be here by my next R&R late next month.
    I will strip the engine and replace third and fifth transmission gears at 50000 kms which looks to be sometime mid year.

If i had the tooling i would look at FI as a project,the new RMZ 450 might be viable for donor parts as they become available on US Ebay.

Brand new RMZ triples for US$70 + $62 post,a bargain.
    The fork tools have also arrived along with a full seal/bushing rebuild kit.

This pretty much sums it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links