Super Motard a TL 1000R? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Super Motard a TL 1000R?

Yep afraid I have, both total rubbish also!

If you want an out right road/track/green lane weapon then the ducati and the super duke are pony, they are both good bikes in their own right but then put it up against say a Aprilia Tuono and they both seem tame!!

but at the end of the day were designed to be road bikes ridden by people who want a real supermoto but can't look after one since even adjusting a chain is too complicated yet alone valves for your average person and oil change every few hundred miles etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by bx-459 View Post
    ...guess you've never see the KTM superduke or the Ducatti Hypermoto

<font color = "red"><b>TLZone Forums Staff - Resident Shrimp cheese lover</b></font>
    Questions about the Forums? <a href="https://www.tlzone.net/forums/faq.php"><b><i><font color="red">Click Here</font></i></b></a>

Hey I´m from SWEDEN so what did U expect

Tick Tack Tick Tack ....................

Quote Originally Posted by delta1983 View Post
    -+
    MX bike with big heavy engine in = CRAP!

If you want a supermoto with loads of power then buy a husaberg FS650 the things wheelie off the power in 4th gear! I would know this as I had one shortly before getting the TLR as I fancied doing some mileage again.

Trying to ride a moto with over 100bhp and nearly 90ftlbs of torque would just be silly, would handle really badly on the dirt too imo

Quote Originally Posted by bx-459 View Post
    ...guess you've never see the KTM superduke or the Ducatti Hypermoto

or even the KTM 990 supermoto http://www.ktm.com.au/bike.php?bike=170 , http://www.ktm.com.au/bike.php?bike=171
    & 950 super enduro fitted with motard wheels
    CHEERS: brett
    http://offroadexplorer.com/Forum/ind...f3523ef056856c
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php
    Sent from my Rooted HTC One X - Rooted , using S off & Buuf icon pack

SUZUKI 97TLS: STREETFIGHTER PROJECT January '09 TLotM

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

I still don't think your quite getting this?

this is a supermoto, see pics, this was my husaberg fs650c 2005, full akro system re jetted, nearly 70bhp, very powerful but super light, could pick the thing up turn it around on your leg easy, power wheelie in 4th gear and stop like no other bike I have ever ridden not to mention make mince meat on any tight road or round about of any 14K+ super bike+ this is a real super moto.

The ducati is a road bike, with a heavy V-twin lump (sat on it a dealership just the other week and it feels so heavy!) , the big 990 KTM's again massively more heavy than their race super moto brothers, they are all road bikes, designed to be fun and give you a little taste of what a full super moto would be like, but super moto they are not, don't get confused because until you have owned or ridden a flat out race ready moto you don't know what a total weapon they are compared to their bigger road only going counterparts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Super Motard a TL 1000R?-p270609_13.38.jpg  

SQDBIKE Admin
    I hear your point, and I think the issue here is semantics. A true supermoto is a dirt bike with wheels. But what's happened in the market is that daily riders don't encounter supermoto-esque conditons in their daily/weekly excursions. So, manufacturers make a product that is more in line with the customer, the "streetmoto" if you will. Hypermotards, Super Duke's, etc.

They're not really something you'd pick for dirt duty, although they'd fair better than a sportbike.

-

TLZone Forums Staff - Resident Tortfeasor

Let me start by saying, "HOLY CRAP!" Now I think it is completely clear how you feel on the supermoto topic. A few issues I guess you missed, this is a forum to promote things, not bash on peoples ideas. Second, I guess you missed when I said that is was more of a dakar(ish) project that a motard but I will be putting BT003'S on it just because I can. Just because something isn't a full factory race motard does not mean it is not one and how about if you don't have anything nice to say DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!

Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen
    Something about Chaos. Sounds about right
    <font color = "blue"> I would feel awkward riding a Harley. The honky-tonk parking lot butt sniffing checking out each other's chrome encrusted doodads and then riding home half in the bag social scene they engender is not what my idea of riding motorcycles is about.</b></font>

lol calm damn mate, guess I obviously didn't even read your post about a dakar(ish) project, so not too sure what your even going on about?

just imo a mx bike with a tl1000 engine in just makes no sense at all as it is defeating the point of what supermoto is.

IT is still cool in its own right though , a bit like a go kart with a gsxr1100 engine it! just a bit ott to be of any real use.

Quote Originally Posted by crashtd View Post
    I hear your point, and I think the issue here is semantics. A true supermoto is a dirt bike with wheels. But what's happened in the market is that daily riders don't encounter supermoto-esque conditons in their daily/weekly excursions. So, manufacturers make a product that is more in line with the customer, the "streetmoto" if you will. Hypermotards, Super Duke's, etc.

They're not really something you'd pick for dirt duty, although they'd fair better than a sportbike.

-

I think anything would fair better on dirt than a sportsbike!

You have hit the nail on the head about the bikes and the semantics.

theirs always a big line drawn between the people who ride full supermoto and those who ride hypermotard's and think they are the same thing, met many of them during our crazy ride outs round boxhill lanes where it becomes apparent that both on the tarmac and the dirt that the supermoto is in a different league!

I just feel that if your going to buy what is basically a road street bike then something like a speed triple or a aprilia tuono will be so much better and more reliable than the KTM or Ducati, but if that's what someone wants then good luck to them.

I think semantic is the whole issue here and I also think we are all right. On a short tight corse like Palomar Mtn or say Streets of Willow a full Supermotard will clean up on anything and everything. On the flip side of that, something with big sweeping corners and long straights where top end and higher speeds something like a Duke will be much better off. Like comparing a lotus elise to a enzo, they each have thier strenghts when they are used for what they were designed for. I think it all depends on where you plan to use it and what kind of potential you are really looking to get out of it. I mean lets be real, does anyone who races a TLR really think it will be just as easy as racing a new bike that is atleast a hundred pound lighter? But look at all of us who still try. Its apples and oranges and I think that is where some of this is going. There was an interest in motarding a TL. To compare it to a true supermotard is just a little silly. Maybe it should have been corrected that it would be a hypermotard and find out what the end use is for.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links