TLZone Forums banner

'03 tl1000r

7K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  TLRChris 
#1 ·
Selling my TLR:

14k miles on the clock, just inspected valve clearances, new oil Catrol RX 5W/40 full synthetic, new cooling fluid with added Redline water wetter, new brake and clutch fluid (DOT 5.1)

Bike has full electrical upgrades:
- charging mod
- plus mod
- headlight relays
- headlight cut while starting relay
- FH012 rectifier
- sv1000 coils (4.2 ohm vs 4.8 ohm)
- brisk spark plugs

Suspension upgrades:
- Penske LE rear shock with spring for 180lbs person
- Front Racetech springs and gold valves

Other mods:
- Rifleman's Clear Clutch Cover
- Inline fuel filter mod
- GSX-R mirrors customized install
- Ram air covers
- Integrated tail light
- painted frame
- passenger pegs removed
- Yoshimura bolt-on cans
- Pazzo shorties
- Galfer SS brake & clutch lines
- Ferodo sintergrip race brake pads
- Piteck hugger
- Front fairing mod
- Black paint

$4000

See less See more
#3 ·
Not like I didn't pour any money into the bike... suspension upgrades cost me $2000. This is for me the best upgrade ever!

#4 ·
Considering part out! This is a great motorcycle, it rides fabulous, pulls strong.

#9 ·
I understand the money situation, but at the same time I have never gotten back what I had invested into any of my bikes. Maybe I'm just financially inept. :coocoo

While I have benefitted from "part outs," I really hate to see a bike that is in near perfect running condition auctioned off bit by bit. :banghead:banghead

Nothing personal TLRChris. Just expressing my view. Maybe I'll need to resort to a part out someday. Never know what the future will bring.....:dowhat

You have a reasonable price on it. Rick really should pick it up. :laugh

#10 ·
Hey Rick, what is your location. The thing is that I can sell with oem rear shock for like 3500. also a great deal imho. Although it all looks great on the picture, there are a few little cracks in the top fairing, I took care of this with so called "plastic weld" adhesive. Everything else looks good. It sucks when you bring your bike to the shop or having it on the parking lot and then find out that there's a crack in the fairing, probably people bumping into my mirrors. I just also backed up the bike with the wheel lock still on this week and possibly cracked the front fender on the right side :banghead , some paint came off but don't know if it's cracked.

I'd rather not part if if that is what it takes to sell it off eventually I will. I'll have to see if there is any interest in any of the parts, I'll post a new thread for this.

Thanks,
Chris

#12 ·
Hey TLRChris .. can you PM me a few pics and let me know if this bike is still on the market sold my 01 several years ago and have a 01Gixxer1K with Ohlins rear and Race Tech front innards for the track and street so don't really have to have the rear suspension parts only hiccups is I am in Texas gotta talk logistics...

#13 ·
You can get what you ask if you put it on eBay and wait...might have to relist but you should be able to get what you're asking. I'd pay that in a heartbeat if I had a real job instead of this unreliable term contract programming.

#15 ·
Yep, should be a great weekend! :devious

#21 ·
Sorry, no trades. I have no time to ride now on the TLR and I don't think it's gonna change with another motorcycle, besides the TLR the only other bike I'd consider buying is the '08 pearl 848 but like I said before, with the two kids (3 and 4, almost 5) and my wife working all the time running our store and me filling up the rest of the week with work there's just no way it's gonna work for me at this time.

#25 ·
Your one of em :lol

#28 ·
I have someone coming over next weekend to take a look at the bike, so no part outs at the moment, the Penske shock is available though.

#29 ·
SOLD! it's off to Virginia. It's in good hands!

Penske shock is still here!

#30 ·
SOLD! it's off to Virginia. It's in good hands!
and I am the proud new owner of this beauty!

Hey Chris! :cheers

I think i might have to buy a new battery though. I tried charging it today and when I put it back in, it just kept cranking and never started. I didn't have a voltmeter to check but I'm guessing it wasn't spinning fast enough to crank:confused

Also, like a noob, I disconnected those wires from the relay and didn't make a note of which one was positive and which one was negative but from looking at a few diagrams, I'm guessing the plug marked 86 is positive and the plug marked 30 is negative.:O

I"m going to do a little more research tonight and see what other info I can soak up!

#33 ·
Hey DJ,

+1 on the charging of the battery, also pull the fast idle lever, the one on the left handlebar, out completely when you start.
You must be talking about the relay in this picture:

It is the relay for the plus mod; coils through relay connected to battery.
The diagram is in with all the printouts I gave you.
I'll try to gather some more pictures for you in the next couple of days from the mods.

Chris

#31 ·
Congrats to both of You.
Chris for hanging in there and Deuce for getting a great bike.

It's been cold and Chris has not rode a bike in a while, leave the battery on a tender indoors for couple of days and try then.

Proper welcome:bigfinger

#32 ·
:bitchslap Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah Chris and I talked a lot yesterday. I didn't have any concerns or doubts about the bike at all when I left. (other than was it secure in the trailer). Really great guy.

I just wish it was warmer and dryer out...:devious

Yeah I'll leave the charger on overnight and see if that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.