Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2001 tl1000s wiring issue on engine swap

One thing six5 should have mentioned.

The r and s ECU ...

are NOT INTERCHANGEABLE
    ... listen to Six5 ...

Baby Twin
    This is the the stock ecu

I looked at your pictures, and I must say, Congratulations! You have quite a mess on your hands!

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbyster10 View Post
    For the side stand switch I just spliced the green and black and white wire together.
    That's fine. Connecting those two wires together should keep the relay engaged. However, it would be very helpful if we knew whether the side stand relay is functional or not. Is it passing power to the rest of the system? Is it switching and connecting the orange/blue wire to the yellow/red wire?
    Until you can verify the functionality of that relay, everything downstream from it is inconsequential.

And what wires on the ignition switch need to have the resistor in them?
    As for the ignition switch wires, the colors depend upon which side of the green connector you are looking at. On the ignition switch side, the wire is orange/yellow. On the loom side, the wire is orange/red. The ECM is looking for 100 ohms between that wire and Chassis ground (black/white).

You mentioned in your first post that the ignition switch is aftermarket. I didn't see a switch in your photos. Do the wires on the switch match the colors of the wires in the loom? The OEM switch has the resistor built into it, inside. Some aftermarket switches have the resistor, some don't. Does your switch have 6 wires coming out of it?
    January 2012 TLOTM & BBOTM

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Baby Twin
    I was thinking about getting one of the micro squirt standalones but I don’t want to spend the money and then the engine needs even more work. Is there any place that could make a custom harness or somthing?or any diagrams to show wiring for one so I can make it myself

Baby Twin
    For now I jsut spliced the wires together that go to the switch to make sure the engine didn’t need a stator or anything and the wires going to the side stand relay are also just cut and spliced together to complete that circuit

The only diagram of a minimalist wire loom that comes to mind is the one Sam built for his race bike. It's in the forum somewhere, but will require some searching. Maybe CrashB made a diagram of it. I don't know.

I'm sure there are places that will build a custom harness for you, but it will cost you $$$.

The best you can do here is download the PDF TLS service manual from www.wotid.com.

Then download the color wiring diagram from CrashB's signature, or the Frequent Mods Forum.

Then you'll need to take some voltage measurements and let us know how far the power is getting in your system.

Baby Twin
    Okay I will do that tomorrow

I was thinking about getting one of the micro squirt standalones but I don’t want to spend the money and then the engine needs even more work. Is there any place that could make a custom harness or somthing?or any diagrams to show wiring for one so I can make it myself
    You aren't listening to the smartest electrical guru we have...

I'm just a baby. And only posted over a thousand times...

And I still defer to my signature.
    ... listen to Six5 ...

Baby Twin
    I plan on adding a turbo set up on this as well and if I do that wouldn’t I need to get somthing like the micro squirt ecu anyways? If so how hard is it to wire somthing like that up. I may just get one of them

I plan on adding a turbo set up on this as well and if I do that wouldn’t I need to get somthing like the micro squirt ecu anyways? If so how hard is it to wire somthing like that up. I may just get one of them
    Adding a turbo is out of my realm. However, IMHO, if you want to proof out the functionality of the basic engine, you will be time and money ahead by patching up the OEM loom and ECM to get it running. An after-market ECU would likely just complicate the process.

I also just noticed that I got my wire colors and relays mixed up in post #13. It should read as follows:

".....However, it would be very helpful if we knew whether the side stand relay is functional or not. Is it passing power to the rest of the system? Is it switching and connecting the orange/black wire to the orange/yellow wire?
    Until you can verify the functionality of that relay, everything downstream from it is inconsequential."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links