Crankcase adjustment nut???

Thread: Crankcase adjustment nut???

Crankcase adjustment nut???

Hi all, many thanks for the wealth of knowledge you all make accessible to those of us who seek it... the other day I noticed what turned out to be the "crankcase adjust nut" hanging on my kickstand. I determined what it was by looking at an OEM parts diagram, but I have never heard of such a thing. I would like to put it back where it belongs properly but I don't even know what it's doing. Is there anyone who can help me get a clue?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crankcase adjustment nut???-15659916735209150642522801680276_1565991756562.jpg  

Actually, the part you have pictured is a lock nut for the adjustable collar on the rear bottom motor mount bolt by the side stand. The collar threads into the frame to take up the slack between the engine case and the frame. The lock nut keeps the collar from turning while the engine mounting bolt is secured.
    January 2012 TLOTM & BBOTM

Quote Originally Posted by Six5 View Post
    adjustable collar on the rear bottom motor mount bolt by the side stand. The collar threads into the frame to take up the slack between the engine case and the frame. The lock nut keeps the collar from turning while the engine mounting bolt is secured.
    Thanks for your help Six5.

The diagrams I've seen call it "crank case adjuster", the service manual calls it a "thrust adjuster" but it's really just a bushing that's held in place by the part I asked about, right? There is no adjustment to make, or am I missing something still?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CMG97TLS View Post
    Thanks for your help Six5.

The diagrams I've seen call it "crank case adjuster", the service manual calls it a "thrust adjuster" but it's really just a bushing that's held in place by the part I asked about, right? There is no adjustment to make, or am I missing something still?
    No adjustment at all. Just torqued down to keep the engine in the frame!
    ... listen to Six5 ...

Thanks again!

Sponsored Links