Resurrection of (Bob) - Page 20
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Resurrection of (Bob)

Platinum Subscriber JoshCampbell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chz View Post
    Looks like the tps is way out of wack. The bar stays at the bottom all the time in dealer mode. Reads c00
    Interesting. Any more updates?

I had the TPS dead center when I adjusted it the first time. I must have knocked it about slightly when I tore it back apart to replace the Coolant Tube seal. Even still, mine was way off when I got Clyde, and he ran fine, so I'm guess it didn't have much affect on the idle after you readjusted it?

The TBs were also synced, albeit with a homemade vacuum gauge. Same setup I synced mine with. I was a bit sloppy with it though, so certainly worth double checking with a proper gauge if you've got one.

As far as the TBs go, the only thing I can even remotely think of that could be wrong is that maybe I swapped the wrong size jets. For example, the .08 jet may be where the .05 jet should be. I was pretty careful though, so it's a long shot. I can't think of anything else it could be. You're more than welcome to tear the TBs back apart if you want, but likely a waste of time. Those things were so crudded up when I took them apart.... I'm not even sure how fuel was getting through them.

Resurrection of (Bob)-img_1120.jpg

Resurrection of (Bob)-img_1122.jpg

Resurrection of (Bob)-img_1136.jpg

As far as the exhaust leak goes... you're missing the donut seal from the down tube. I mentioned this the day you picked it up. Previous owner had the entire exhaust system loose in order to bolt on the right canister (due to the twisted sub frame). When I readjusted the pipes the donut seal came out in pieces. Cheap fix.

NOTE: I don't have phone or internet anymore, but I will still monitor this when I can.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    The TL1000R is the only bike that makes me nervous, because in my dreams it's the only bike I die on

Platinum Subscriber JoshCampbell's Avatar
    Well... I'm guessing Bob is sitting somewhere collecting cob webs.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    The TL1000R is the only bike that makes me nervous, because in my dreams it's the only bike I die on

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Sponsored Links