Remote engine start - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remote engine start

Note this setup you'll need to have the ignition turned on and the killswitch closed. This is how I have done a setup for warming up in the morning b4 work. Although the immobiliser cut ign supply so battery didn't drain.

I have done a setup for remote start that bypasses the ignition and killswitch untill the sidestand is lifted but requires some electronics work. Or an additional relay or 2.

How would you like yours to operate? I can make another drawing.
    Carbon TL1000R-W : OYA CF Fairings, Stubby KENZ full stainless system, Kent cams, PAIR removed, Airbox Mod, K&N Air filter, TRE, Custom GPI Coulour coded, Gap Mod, Racetech fork valves,
    06 R1 Rear Shock + 1100lb Ohlins, Polished bits, Bar end mirror, Projector Lights, LED Indicators, Nology Hotwires, remapped ECU, aluminium hugger, Vanzuki: Rear brake res, return spring, spring seat stem nut. Wezmoto blue braided lines, barnett clutch kit.

Baby Twin
    Hey juzz976, I have a question. I just got the alarm I ordered and instructions that came with it. on the wiring diagram everything looks pretty straightforward. I see where I'm cutting the big brown wire from the starter that is the engine cut off. There is a blue wire they show me connecting to the (CDI) capacitor discharge ignition? I'm little unsure where that is now besides those 2 wires I don't see how the remote engine start is going to work without something triggering the FI system. When I get home I can upload a copy of the wiring diagram so you can see what I'm talking about. You can also find a copy online. Just google Spy alarm 5000M wiring diagram. I have a few friends that have this alarm installed on their bikes with FI. But they took their bikes to the shop and had them installed so they have no idea how it Is installed on thier bikes. Any advice you can give as usual would be greatly appreciated.

You should not be disconnecting any large wires. Alarms, immobilisers and remote starters all work on control wiring not power wiring.

You have a few options,
    interrupt the starter relay coil - can still be roll started.
    inerrupt the ignition from their feed or drian wires. a TL1000R is O/W feed and the 2 coils so interrupt before the split means only one contact is required.
    Other ways is to go inline to kill switch, fuel pump relay or CDI supply.
    I prefer to interrupt both Fuel pump relay and Starter Relay.

What model bike you installing it on?
    Carbon TL1000R-W : OYA CF Fairings, Stubby KENZ full stainless system, Kent cams, PAIR removed, Airbox Mod, K&N Air filter, TRE, Custom GPI Coulour coded, Gap Mod, Racetech fork valves,
    06 R1 Rear Shock + 1100lb Ohlins, Polished bits, Bar end mirror, Projector Lights, LED Indicators, Nology Hotwires, remapped ECU, aluminium hugger, Vanzuki: Rear brake res, return spring, spring seat stem nut. Wezmoto blue braided lines, barnett clutch kit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Baby Twin
    02 TL1000R. I have the picture of the instructions on my cell but it won't let me upload it. I can send it to your email if that's ok.

Baby Twin
    Ok Juzz976 heres a copy of the wiring diagram that cam with the alarm
    Attachment 36495

The black and white goes to the CDI? From what i have read online, everyone says these instructions are for Sh*t. And my bike is a 02 TL1000R. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Remote engine start-20120820_143655-1-.jpg  
    Last edited by CaliBoy831; 08-23-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links