Lurker from Northern Ireland
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lurker from Northern Ireland

Baby Twin

Lurker from Northern Ireland

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum.. although my login details from rsvzone seem to work which is convenient! Just finishing off the restoration of my big girl (97 tl1000s-v in red) and thought I would introduce myself and let you see her. Bought for £650 from a friend that no longer wanted it, she was in a bit of a sorry state with cut down fairings, a horrible paint job, badly corroded casings, wheels in poor shape, needing fork seals, some new panels and a definite lick of paint.. few months down the line and i am just waiting for the delivery of my sticker kit and oem indicators. My mirrors aren't shown in the photos as I was so excited to get some photos earlier in the week and hadn't received them yet.

Baby Twin
    I am on the market for a steering damper mount or complete kit just as an a-side incase anyone has one going spare in the uk... Thanks.

You could get one of these natty little red numbers from China (they are ok - I've got one on my tiller) to match your paintwork.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Red-10-Ste...IAAOSwqu9VHi-~

Not sure what you'd do about mounting but this might be useful.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-Steeri...AAAOSwP~tW4lI7

They aren't HyperPros to be sure but for the money they are fine.
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Nice resto !

You'll be wanting some bar end weights too I'm picking .
    The bike that is .

1050 Speed Triple
    Wilbers rear shock ,Racetech Gold valves + Wilbers springs in the front end ,MIVV pipe ,Triumph bar end mirrors ,Triumph hugger ,Tidy tail ,FP Racing levers ,D'Ecosse Rec/Reg mod ,Crazymofo rad guard ,Oggy knobbs ,Triumph bug screen ,Ventura headlight protectors ,Upgraded alternator + more to come .

The bike that was .

TLS
    FP levers ,Leo Vince cans ,Bitubo ,Suspension Tech valves ,Eibach springs ,Ohlins steering damper ,Barnett clutch springs ,K&N air filter ,flapper valve and associated shite removed ,Irridium plugs ,PC11 ,Loweys TRE ,Charging mod ,Jarkkos plus mod , DavCruz fan switch mod ,Six pots ,Braided lines ,Riflemans ccc ,The Ring Ins modded pressure plate ,dropped one tooth on the front sprocket ,Van drivers sprocket cover + front and rear resovoirs ,TLR engine breather/separator .

Baby Twin
    they're in the post as we speak dude! forgot to mention them lol cheers

I've actually just sent my own design off for prototyping, but if i can pick up a decent tank mount between now and then I will probably just take it to save the agro.. This one should fit the stock damper unit along with the tlr yoke I have fitted...

really nice! - beautiful paintwork too - you new sticker kit will make it even better!

I have a damper that will look good on this - although the body would need a repaint - I have some standard bar end weights I could do you for as well..........
    Red, the ONLY Colour.....for a 1997 TLS.....
    (1) Sold the old girl now ....... she will be missed...

(2) UNO frame & swinger with 1040 Bimota (aka TLR) engine running 17x40 teeth, Hydraulic clutch conversion, Billet wndowed clutch cover & cut plate spinner, Dunlop tyres, PC3, TLS bodywork, GSXR750-TT forks with custom Wilbers springs etc, Nissin brake calipers all round, front ones radial, radial Nissin clutch & brake masters, GSXR1000 K5 clocks, PVM lightweight wheels, LED lights all round, Full Yoshi exhaust system, Carbon cans, Yoshi rearsets, K&N air filter, Wilbers custom rear shock, Custom paint job. Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump, MotoX bars, all round (literally) nice guy.

(3) Bog standard BMW R1150RT.

(4) Boxes of many parts waiting to be made into 2 more TLS's.

Workshop in Welham Green near Hatfield in Hertfordshire - TEKMOTIVE - 01707 265000 - www.tekmotive.co.uk.

Quote Originally Posted by turbopresh View Post
    along with the tlr yoke I have fitted...

I don't see a TLR yoke dude - was that a typo?

(2) UNO frame & swinger with 1040 Bimota (aka TLR) engine running 17x40 teeth, Hydraulic clutch conversion, Billet wndowed clutch cover & cut plate spinner, Dunlop tyres, PC3, TLS bodywork, GSXR750-TT forks with custom Wilbers springs etc, Nissin brake calipers all round, front ones radial, radial Nissin clutch & brake masters, GSXR1000 K5 clocks, PVM lightweight wheels, LED lights all round, Full Yoshi exhaust system, Carbon cans, Yoshi rearsets, K&N air filter, Wilbers custom rear shock, Custom paint job. Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump, MotoX bars, all round (literally) nice guy.

Workshop in Welham Green near Hatfield in Hertfordshire - TEKMOTIVE - 01707 265000 - www.tekmotive.co.uk.

Baby Twin
    Maybe it is a tls yoke then.. I assumed it was an r yoke as the damper mount was integrated into it. I can get the anodising turned off your nice blue one

No the one like yours is the later release model that's all. As you realise the first one's were bolted on jobbies....

You could get the blue turned off but a quick rub down, spot of primer and any paint colour you like would be quicker and cheaper me thinks............or even just a rub down and lacquer?

Platinum Subscriber JoshCampbell's Avatar
    I'm more interested in the camera used to take those shots
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    The TL1000R is the only bike that makes me nervous, because in my dreams it's the only bike I die on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links