CAUTION Bitubo fitting
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CAUTION Bitubo fitting

ExclamationCAUTION Bitubo fitting

Don't wanna teach granny to suck eggs but offered up my Bitubo shock to my frame and noticed the top mount spacers once installed on the unit do not measure 30mm across as stated on the installation sheet Sat for a few mins measured and re-measured then spotted the reservoir bracket in the box. This part must be fitted to achieve the correct spacer width. If you don't put the bracket on then the frame mounting point will be under stress and could fracture at the weld.You would also get movement of the top of the shock. I assume top mount on TLS and R are the same?
    God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die!

The best gift you can give your children is your time........ride safe

If God didn't want us to eat meat he would have made cows vegetables

Upside Down Super Mod
    I pinned this for you. I'll leave it pinned for a while until everyone should have seen it
    My $0.02c, always just my $0.02c Steve

"I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

TLZone Forums Staff - Resident Antipodean
    Questions about the Forums? Click Here

I noticed this too while installing mine!
    I had a hard time getting the reservoar in place as well... But with a little patience I got it in place!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Anyone installed it on their R yet? Any problems to think of?

Done:
    -==- Full Akra Evo Ti w/ custom hangers -==- CZ Stage2 wheels -==- Semi-floating rotors by Speedking -==- Brembo 19x18 m/c -==- Galfer HH's -==- Galfer wavy rear -==- Bitubo shock -==- Rosmoto adj. rearsets -==- ExtremeTech damper -==- PCIII USB -==- Van's rear brake res. -==- Van's sprocket cover -==- Joe V mod -==- K&N filter -==- Galfer lines -==- 520 conv. @ 16/40 -==- Speedohealer -==- No-cut sliders -==- GSXR K2 rear caliper -==- Pairvalve mod -==- GiPro w/ ATRE -==- BRG 1/5 throttle -==- Avia Comp. C/F mirrors -==- C/F fender -==- Pyramid C/F hugger -==- GCC C/F tankprotector -==- FSMD undertail -==- LP speedscreen -==- Flush signals -==- Subframe mod. -==- GAP mod. -==- Quick release tank & seat -==- Preload adjusters -==-

To come:
    -==- GSXR750K4 forks -==- R1 radial calipers -==- Woodcraft Clip-on's -==- Pro-Grips -==- Van's CCC -==- Van's PP -==- Van's +1mm eccentrics -==- Barnett clutch springs -==- TWM gas cap -==-

The top of the R mount is different that the S spring mount.
    Be Good, Wear Gear, Do Wheelies,

Doug "OldTLSDoug" Basinger
    2010 KTM RC8R Akropovic Limited Edition 23 of 25
    2008 KTM Super Duke 990
    1982 Honda Z50R
    1978 Yamaha SR500E
    G-Town Squid Squad, Feb. 04 TLOTM

[SIGPIC]https://www.tlzone.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1458&dateline=1210726 963[/SIGPIC]

Thanks for letting us know

<font color = "red"><b>TLZone Forums Staff - Resident Shrimp cheese lover</b></font>
    Questions about the Forums? <a href="https://www.tlzone.net/forums/faq.php"><b><i><font color="red">Click Here</font></i></b></a>

Hey I´m from SWEDEN so what did U expect

Tick Tack Tick Tack ....................

Mine is on, (R), nothing seems slack/loose, only been able to do about 100 miles since due to weather...

Hi! My name is Roby and I'm a TL1000S K1 owner.

First one, I want to say sorry for my english

I have mounted a Bitubo shock absorber on my TL but for weather conditions I have not check it

Welcome aboard
    Hey your English is a lot better than my Italian!
    God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die!

The best gift you can give your children is your time........ride safe

If God didn't want us to eat meat he would have made cows vegetables

Thanks Tlspilot!

If you want I can teach you italian language

But before this you have to explain me your problem with Bitubo dumper...because I have not full understand your first message

You've a problem with spacers for fixing the top of shock absorber? Exactly?

I haven't mounted the Bitubo with my hand...but my technician had not tell me about problem or mistake!

Now in North Italy weather is very bad (snow...snow...snow) and I have not check the TL with new dumper...when will be sunny I'll tell you about my first riding-impression!

In my "avatar" there's a red TL but mine is all black with customized paint...original was black (Suzuki import in Italy only red or black TL-S) but on april 2003 I have crash it

Best regards!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links