CAUTION Bitubo fitting - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CAUTION Bitubo fitting

Originally posted by cikko
    but then realising that it's web based - I'd have to be TRON to gettaway on my bike!
    how stupid am I! I should have taken the piss as soon as you mentioned getaway vehicle!.... .....

Roby WELCOME and you have very good english! perhaps you could get italian fitting instructions and translate...properly!

UK & EUROPEAN RIDER LOCATOR

UK Zone Thread Here!

My Tillis: It's.....gone (sad face), had a Blackbird for 5 years, then it needed replacing so got a BMW K1300S (sorry).

"Everyone has free will, we must believe it."
    Jeremy Hardy: "The job of the police is not to protect the public, but to protect the state and the smooth running of the economy".

hahahaha

TLS pilot has just let me know about a "spare" he has!!!

Mine went this weekend on my way home from Uwp Nowth!!!

So TLSPilot
    he's ace!

AND.... BIkerChris - you can't laugh at me anymore!

hehe

Originally posted by cikko

Mine went this weekend on my way home from Uwp Nowth!!!
    have you had a good look at it yet? check all the bolts are still present especially the two that mount it to the frame.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

aye!
    I'm afraid it's givin up!

The spring slider thingy is "loose" ish in the travel + the rotary damper is moving on the splined shaft with/without body weight.... so's I guessed it's *gone*....

I'm sending TLSpilot a cheque today!

I hope I am not raining on anyones parade and I am sure someone will put my concerns to bed so here goes.

Firstly, If the bike was designed with a shock on one side of the swing arm and a damper on the other would this have been to balance any excessive loads and torque?

Secondly, would removing the damper and shock and installing this design of replacement, placing all loads and torque on one side of the swingarm, possibly cause a failure in some structural point?

Thirdly, Many of the other replacement systems seem to retain attachments on both sides of the arm, do they know something we don't?
    Red, the ONLY Colour.....for a 1997 TLS.....
    (1) Sold the old girl now ....... she will be missed...

(2) UNO frame & swinger with 1040 Bimota (aka TLR) engine running 17x40 teeth, Hydraulic clutch conversion, Billet wndowed clutch cover & cut plate spinner, Dunlop tyres, PC3, TLS bodywork, GSXR750-TT forks with custom Wilbers springs etc, Nissin brake calipers all round, front ones radial, radial Nissin clutch & brake masters, GSXR1000 K5 clocks, PVM lightweight wheels, LED lights all round, Full Yoshi exhaust system, Carbon cans, Yoshi rearsets, K&N air filter, Wilbers custom rear shock, Custom paint job. Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump, MotoX bars, all round (literally) nice guy.

(3) Bog standard BMW R1150RT.

(4) Boxes of many parts waiting to be made into 2 more TLS's.

Workshop in Welham Green near Hatfield in Hertfordshire - TEKMOTIVE - 01707 265000 - www.tekmotive.co.uk.

Quote Originally Posted by roby
    Hi! My name is Roby and I'm a TL1000S K1 owner.

First one, I want to say sorry for my english

I have mounted a Bitubo shock absorber on my TL but for weather conditions I have not check it
    Your English is better than SPOON's English.
    Frank Corona

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckshop Ted
    I hope I am not raining on anyones parade and I am sure someone will put my concerns to bed so here goes.

Firstly, If the bike was designed with a shock on one side of the swing arm and a damper on the other would this have been to balance any excessive loads and torque?

Secondly, would removing the damper and shock and installing this design of replacement, placing all loads and torque on one side of the swingarm, possibly cause a failure in some structural point?

Thirdly, Many of the other replacement systems seem to retain attachments on both sides of the arm, do they know something we don't?
    I've mentioned that before in one of the millions of shock threads but Uncle Bern politely disagreed. And I agreed to his disagreement. Don't you agree?
    Frank Corona

russomf installed mine.... 0 problems.

Quote Originally Posted by godslayer
    Your English is better than SPOON's English.
    Spoon?!

biciLAMPS!

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\ΝΙΚΟΛΑΣ\Τα έγγραφά μου\Οι εικόνες μου[/IMG]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links