TLR from Italy

Thread: TLR from Italy

TLR from Italy

Hi Guys, just want to join the TL forum here.

My name is Massimo and I'm from Italy.

I have bought a mint MY 2000 TLR, with 9.000 (yes, nine thousand) km on the clock.. this is the classic bike that has never been ridden, like most of the models in this country.

TLS and TLR are pretty rare here, few units sold and most of them were tuned/destroyed/customized so it's quite difficult to find something nice. Anyway, this is the picture of the baby:

TLR from Italy-dscn6506.jpg

Actually I owned a MY1999 some years ago (this is why my registration is dated 2005) but I didn't really had the time to enjoy it (so I sold it). But you know, the biggest loves are almost unforgettable so here I am again...

Now I'm going to perform some maintenance on it, just some safety checking and some suspensions adjustments (TLs are REALLY REALLY sensitive to it)

Again, great to be here!

nice and clean...lucky find that!..and its good to have another one...cheers and welcome

Stop staring at my Tits!!

Oh Massimo ... you lucky, lucky man. That bike looks superb ...
    The force is strong in this one!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Thank you guys for the warm welcome

Baby Twin
    nice Massimo, but you should have bought a tls in red

Thank you monkfish. I was moneyless at the end of 90s (today is not so different..) so I just tested the 1997 model. Crazy bike, still love it. I read bunch of articles from the english press about the 1997 version and IMHO there were a little bit too much noise at that time. It is well known that many of British testers were the most scaring things during press launches (I think they crashed also the first TLR @ P.Island...) and I understand that some riders have been killed or injured during fast ridings with TLS that year (RIP). So everything contributed to create the bad fame of this bike (correct me if I'm wrong). And knowing how much important the UK market was.. I think it's still a great bike today, with plenty of character and originality: the trellis frame, the rotay damper, the beautiful fairing, the no-sterring damper, and that gourgeous engine. I'd love to ride it again. I owned a SV1000S few year ago but although it was much more stable and, let's say, easier, it totally lacked the TLS wildness and grin factor.
    Anyway, here you can still find some nice TLS around 2.000 and 2.400 Euro. The main problems are the lack of time and room in the box. Or better, one car is now sleeping outside The second one is still safe..
    P.S. And yes, red is really fine but yellow is the best

Sponsored Links