TLZone Forums banner

Pictures 101

32K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Steve TLS 
#1 ·
Want to resize that pic,no problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Hit the above link,scroll down the page until you see Image Resizer on the righthand side.
Download it.
You can now resize.
If you Right click on one of the pic's in your computer the top box you see is headed Preview,third item down will say Resize Pictures Put your mouse pointer on that and left click..You move the dot to small/medium/large by left clicking in the circle beside the sizings.
If you click on Advanced you then have the option of Custom you can then put any number size in the boxs to the right (handy for doing Avatar's where you would put 150 in each box)
With all,when you have made your size choice,click the OK button.
You have now made a copy of the original picture to your sizing required.

Now its off to a Hosting site.

Photobucket is as good as anything and its free.

http://photobucket.com/register.php

Once you have registered,you are free to upload pic's.
So you have signed in to your Photobucket account,next click on the Browse button.

A box will open,if it is not the location you have your pictures stored in your computer,click the R/H side of the box at the top,then click the location of the pics in the drop down box.
Find the pic you want and left click on it,more pics to upload repeat again via the next Browse box down.
When done hit the Upload button.

You have your pics stored in your Photobucket account,now we want to link from there to your post on TLZone.

Open two windows,one at TLZone,the other at Photobucket.
The easiest way is to copy the lower box saying IMG Code
Put your mouse pointer on over that lower box and left click,then right click,move your pointer down to Copy and left click.

On your TLZone post page with the mouse pointer in your post box,right click,scroll down to Paste and left click.
You IMG should be on the page,you can then finish your post,hit the Preview button at the page lower,if you see the pic the nso will we,hit the Submit button.
Its easy once you have done it a couple of times,the Preview button is your friend. :thumbup

(Did i miss anything)

See less See more
#2 ·
...Les, great post for the newbies...

Reactions: V2victim
#5 ·
thats not the only thing U suck at :laugh

Reactions: V2victim
#7 ·
Great write-up:thumbup

I love the pic resizer, use it all the time, very handy:banana

#9 ·
usefull little gizmo, now downloaded, thanks :thumbup

More importantly ..... 1st piccy in 2nd frame - is there an update on the new rear then :devious

#10 ·
The update is don't push a small snowball off the top of a hill. :laugh I need to move quite a few parts that were under the seat without chopping the wiring loom to bits. :dowhat

Well done Les. I remember the days when you were lucky to be able to log in :lol
Soon you will be a GEEK :lol
:slaptlr Jase :laugh

I remember putting a thread up asking how you put text on pictures and the only person who though i wasn't joking was Q <(not posted in a long time) who gave me a how to.Its all a learning curve.

This thread was in the test forum since it was only for a link in a PM i sent :)

#13 ·
Photobucket can also resize as it uploads:thumbup

#16 ·
great thanks i've been struggling with this from day one

#18 ·
SPAM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.