soon....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: soon....

soon....

TLOTM Aug 08 TLOTM Aug 09 TLOTY 2009 TLOTM Sept 10 TLOTM July 12
    SAMs 1080cc(143,7rwHP),AKRAPOVIC EVO1,PC3+custom map,ÖHLINS,ISR-Brakes,carbon....more carbon,UNO #12

I thought you had most of this together?

Haven't we seen photos of it mostly built?
    Red, the ONLY Colour.....for a 1997 TLS.....
    (1) Sold the old girl now ....... she will be missed...

(2) UNO frame & swinger with 1040 Bimota (aka TLR) engine running 17x40 teeth, Hydraulic clutch conversion, Billet wndowed clutch cover & cut plate spinner, Dunlop tyres, PC3, TLS bodywork, GSXR750-TT forks with custom Wilbers springs etc, Nissin brake calipers all round, front ones radial, radial Nissin clutch & brake masters, GSXR1000 K5 clocks, PVM lightweight wheels, LED lights all round, Full Yoshi exhaust system, Carbon cans, Yoshi rearsets, K&N air filter, Wilbers custom rear shock, Custom paint job. Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump, MotoX bars, all round (literally) nice guy.

(3) Bog standard BMW R1150RT.

(4) Boxes of many parts waiting to be made into 2 more TLS's.

Workshop in Welham Green near Hatfield in Hertfordshire - TEKMOTIVE - 01707 265000 - www.tekmotive.co.uk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckshop Ted View Post
    I thought you had most of this together?

Haven't we seen photos of it mostly built?
    yes,its almost time for some colour

if im lucky its ready for MOT in august

i wanted to build it to be sure on riding position etc. and to see how my colours/parts would look when ready!
    it is my 50th birtday present,so i want it to be perfect!
    eviltwintls and Roundy like this.
    SAMs 1080cc(143,7rwHP),AKRAPOVIC EVO1,PC3+custom map,ÖHLINS,ISR-Brakes,carbon....more carbon,UNO #12

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Here's a tip.

When I went on my shake down rides, short 10 minute local runs I found every bolt on both sides of the ally plates was loosened and I even lost one!

make sure you lock tight them in!

how are you going to stop the side stand rotating?

how are you going to support the exhaust by the footpeg / swingarm location?

(2) UNO frame & swinger with 1040 Bimota (aka TLR) engine running 17x40 teeth, Hydraulic clutch conversion, Billet wndowed clutch cover & cut plate spinner, Dunlop tyres, PC3, TLS bodywork, GSXR750-TT forks with custom Wilbers springs etc, Nissin brake calipers all round, front ones radial, radial Nissin clutch & brake masters, GSXR1000 K5 clocks, PVM lightweight wheels, LED lights all round, Full Yoshi exhaust system, Carbon cans, Yoshi rearsets, K&N air filter, Wilbers custom rear shock, Custom paint job. Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump, MotoX bars, all round (literally) nice guy.

Workshop in Welham Green near Hatfield in Hertfordshire - TEKMOTIVE - 01707 265000 - www.tekmotive.co.uk.

...I found every bolt on both sides of the ally plates was loosened and I even lost one!
    Were they tightened to spec? Clean mounting surfaces? Although the assembling instructions says "Check all screws for proper tightness after the first 500 kms", I never had to re-tighten any of those screws, never had a problem with loosened or even lost screws. Strange...

Here's a tip.

When I went on my shake down rides, short 10 minute local runs I found every bolt on both sides of the ally plates was loosened and I even lost one!

make sure you lock tight them in!

how are you going to stop the side stand rotating?

how are you going to support the exhaust by the footpeg / swingarm location?
    i have an alu plate bolted to the cases to prevent the rotation and there is a bracket that bolts between right sideplate and engine for securing the exhaust.
    and yes,Loctite is ready!

Quote Originally Posted by JoE. View Post
    Were they tightened to spec? Clean mounting surfaces? Although the assembling instructions says "Check all screws for proper tightness after the first 500 kms", I never had to re-tighten any of those screws, never had a problem with loosened or even lost screws. Strange...

they were as tight as I could get them................. i think there was still some paint on the mating surfaces.............

Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    i have an alu plate bolted ..... a bracket that bolts between right sideplate and engine for securing the exhaust.

Show us some pictures then.................... interested to see how you dun it....................

Show us some pictures then.................... interested to see how you dun it....................

that aluminium bolts to the cases!

exhaust mount

This is how the bracket is fixed on my UNO (ss-switch removed). There's an additional tab on the rear header where the side stand bracket is attached to.

soon....-img_3769.jpg

The bracket that comes with the frame kit.

soon....-img_3758.jpg

Click for larger pics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links