soon.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: soon....

Thanks JoE!
    maybe Ted gets it now
    TLOTM Aug 08 TLOTM Aug 09 TLOTY 2009 TLOTM Sept 10 TLOTM July 12
    SAMs 1080cc(143,7rwHP),AKRAPOVIC EVO1,PC3+custom map,ÖHLINS,ISR-Brakes,carbon....more carbon,UNO #12

I never got either of those with my frame..................

I made one up similar to yours Troy for the side stand and found it bent after the Euro trip so I made another twice as thick.
    I also found that even with spacers the faces of the side stand and the engine case mount were at slightly different angles so to not allow the bracket to sit flat.
    I have also adjusted the side stand to have the bike lean over at less of an angle to try and lessen the weight on it.

I think I might re-visit mine in the not too distant future as if yours and JoE's do sit flat then my side stand mount might be a little bent.

As for the exhaust mount, I have black Yoshi rearsets so I took an ally bracket painted black down from those 2 fixing points, put a dogleg in it and fixed the exhaust that way.
    Red, the ONLY Colour.....for a 1997 TLS.....
    (1) Sold the old girl now ....... she will be missed...

(2) UNO frame & swinger with 1040 Bimota (aka TLR) engine running 17x40 teeth, Hydraulic clutch conversion, Billet wndowed clutch cover & cut plate spinner, Dunlop tyres, PC3, TLS bodywork, GSXR750-TT forks with custom Wilbers springs etc, Nissin brake calipers all round, front ones radial, radial Nissin clutch & brake masters, GSXR1000 K5 clocks, PVM lightweight wheels, LED lights all round, Full Yoshi exhaust system, Carbon cans, Yoshi rearsets, K&N air filter, Wilbers custom rear shock, Custom paint job. Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump, MotoX bars, all round (literally) nice guy.

(3) Bog standard BMW R1150RT.

(4) Boxes of many parts waiting to be made into 2 more TLS's.

Workshop in Welham Green near Hatfield in Hertfordshire - TEKMOTIVE - 01707 265000 - www.tekmotive.co.uk.

SAMs 1080cc(143,7rwHP),AKRAPOVIC EVO1,PC3+custom map,ÖHLINS,ISR-Brakes,carbon....more carbon,UNO #12

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

done some more today

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckshop Ted View Post
    I never got either of those with my frame.
    Only the exhaust mount was part of the kit, the one for the side stand is DIY.

found it bent after the Euro trip so I made another twice as thick.
    I used aluminum 20 x 5mm or 20 x 6mm.

I have also adjusted the side stand to have the bike lean over at less of an angle to try and lessen the weight on it.
    I usually turn the bike on the side stand, so the bike's whole weight is on the stand. No problems whatsoever.

if yours and JoE's do sit flat then my side stand mount might be a little bent.
    Mine is flat, no bends.

Here is a picture of the DIY bracket I made for the exhaust mount.................

I had to use one inch spacers to mount the foot pegs as well as the thickness of this bracket to get the levers out far enough to miss the ally side plates.

I remade mine from 10mm ally...........
    I have a spare or two of side stands so I will re-visit that. My fixing points are deffo at a slightly different angle to each other.

(2) UNO frame & swinger with 1040 Bimota (aka TLR) engine running 17x40 teeth, Hydraulic clutch conversion, Billet wndowed clutch cover & cut plate spinner, Dunlop tyres, PC3, TLS bodywork, GSXR750-TT forks with custom Wilbers springs etc, Nissin brake calipers all round, front ones radial, radial Nissin clutch & brake masters, GSXR1000 K5 clocks, PVM lightweight wheels, LED lights all round, Full Yoshi exhaust system, Carbon cans, Yoshi rearsets, K&N air filter, Wilbers custom rear shock, Custom paint job. Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump, MotoX bars, all round (literally) nice guy.

Workshop in Welham Green near Hatfield in Hertfordshire - TEKMOTIVE - 01707 265000 - www.tekmotive.co.uk.

Done for today

tomorrow i start with the electrics

Tuckshop Ted likes this.

FIRST START!!

Tuckshop Ted and eviltwintls like this.

well done! ............ very nice ..............
    Troy likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links