TLZone Forums banner

Web Based Image Hosts

31K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  Kamikuza 
#1 ·
As many probably know, the nice little feature we have here for attaching an image to a post uses quite a bit of bandwidth not to mention some space too.

Linking an image into a post does not affect us in the same manner, so it is the preferred method of showing TLP your pics.

However, most free web based image hosts do not allow off-site linking.

If anyone has or nows of one that does or just knows of a good hosting site please post it here. This thread is not for discussion of the topic however, please limit your posting to actual image hosting site information.

I will start the list with a nice one that I have used some, it was originally posted by a fellow member "duztin". Thanks duztin!

This one is free and allows linking, be kind and make a small donation to them if you can afford it.

http://www.photobucket.com/

#28 ·
crashtd said:
hey fellas i'm working on building a site similar to image event...what sort of features do you guys like, or wish you had?

-:banana
1) Free
2) Free
3) Free

:laugh

Have you seen photobucket? his software is pretty cool and easy to use.

#29 ·
Crash the only thing that disappoints me about image event is that if I move a photo to a new folder or album the old links do not necessarily work. It would be nice if the server remebered the alias's for the picture so I can organize and not repost. But, this is a minor flaw. The other thing is I have ulimited views on over 1 gig of pictures, are you going to be able to do that?

By the way, thanks for your efforts!:hail

#30 ·
free....well for TLP it would be of course :)

doug...dunno about those links, that's a toughy but i think i know a way around it...just a matter of how the webpage handles the database and shows it to the end user...lemme see what i can do.

wasn't planning on having any bandwidth constraints, just limiting how many gigs of pictures...looked at the math, and the math looked good :)

just looking for more like...i like this feature about this site, and don't like this feature about that site

-:banana

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.