TLZone Forums banner

Oran Park trackday 06/12/09

4K views 46 replies 9 participants last post by  dadat178 
#1 ·
Well seeing though Oran park is getting ripped up next year, i thought it was about time to go out and have a crack at it.. Unfortunately it will be my first and last attempt at the circuit..

So thought i'd throw out an invite to see if anyone else wants to come :devious

Oh and unlike a certain other track day *cough* "the farm" *cough* this one is legit :laugh

#3 ·
#4 ·
This will book out quickly....

#5 ·
I'm already booked in so i'm covered :laugh

#7 ·
Which group did you book into?? I'm in D group (the numpty group :laugh) but may be able to move up a group on the day if need be

#8 ·
D group will suit Mole fine unless there is a F or G group that day? I'm out, spent all my track day money at THE FARM

#10 ·
Where you at Votty?

#17 ·
Mate, when you next get a day off and want to go for a run send me a PM. I'll throw a sickie :devious Make it soon, going back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off and not sure I'll be able to stand it for long :banghead

#14 ·
Woo hoo, you should get some good footage of me with your camera seeing though your too slow to get around me :laugh

#18 ·
I heard the only spot in that group was permanently reserved for you :O

#21 ·
mate you should do the mid week one's. im booked in for 11/11 its wenesday next month at oran with circuit breakers and the 19 dec as well thats a saturday with champions. i would love to get out to this one as well buy my boy plays cricket on saturdays and im the coach so i cant make it

#22 ·
I can't do mid week this time of year, it's the busy season and can't even take holidays :laugh

The 6th/12 is a sunday :devious

#23 ·
i no but my boy made the blacktown district u/10 rep side for cricket. He has sunday games for the next 6 weeks straight. so i can only get mid week one's till his rep game's are over. but thats not to bad because mid week is cheaper:devious

#24 ·
I would have loved to be able to squeeze a few more in, but that's the way the cookie crumbles :laugh

#25 ·
Alright everybody, pull out your credit cards and book in for at least 1 track day at Oran Park..

Myself and Mole had an absolute hoot out there today.. Great track, little bumpy in spots but that just made it more fun :devious Especially coming out of the final corner onto the straight, getting on the gas early still tipped over and having a nice little tank slappa as you try to straighten up :laugh

I experienced my first rear wheel slide coming out of turn 2 (which probably would have ended in a high side if i hadn't have held the throttle :laugh).

I once again found the grass...TWICE :laugh.. First time i came over the bridge to quick in the first session, realised the track went right, little too hard on the brakes and i had to go off to the left :banghead.. 2nd session i remembered where the track went got on the gas, coming up to the next right hander little too quick, on the brakes once again, lock the rear and off into the wilderness i go on the 2nd lap :laugh. Funnily enough, Mole was behind me with a camera and got me running off so expect the vid to be posted :laugh

Moved up to C group for the 3rd session, was sick of getting stuck in traffic with the numpties and the harley's and i'm pretty chuffed to say i held my own. Only got overtaken by 3 bikes and they were going into turn 1 cos my balls weren't hard enough :laugh

Overall it was a damn good day, glad i've booked in for 2 in January.. I'll try and work my way up to B group :devious

Got some (hopefully good) photo's coming of me out on the track, but as a little teaser here are a couple off my phone

Perfect race number for the Evil twin superbike :devious

#27 ·
Brilliant day... will post some vids up of Ben disappearing from the track when I get chance. The vid doesn't really do it justice as it doesn't show the puff of tyre smoke, and I could then watch Ben do his grass tracking while I was carrying on......

#28 ·
Can you email me any of the vids with me in it :devious I'd like to share it around :laugh

#30 ·
Looks like a truck load of fun fellas .:thumbup

#32 ·
Hasn't worked Mole ,it says the vids too long :(

#34 ·
Especially like @ 2.40 in clip 2 :devious:laugh Ben, I'd blame the surface. looks a bit agricultural

#35 ·
:laugh it's deceptive - the Farm surface didn't look too good on video either. I didn't really notice the bumps - only thing approaching a "moment" in teh whoel day was giving it a bit too much throttle exiting turn 8(?), coming over a brow, when the front wheel lifted while I was switching sides. Had been warned about that at the start...

#36 ·
Nah the surface really wasn't that bad, stupid me just used the rear brake and i have no feeling with my boots on so locked up real easily :laugh

And yes, it's very agricultural out there.. There was a bit of a ditch a few metre's off track that i hit straight on cos i wasn't touching the brakes out there :laugh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.