Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LEGAL Q: Are Yellow headlights allowed in the UK? Cars or bikes

Question LEGAL Q: Are Yellow headlights allowed in the UK? Cars or bikes

So does anyone know? I checked with DVLA and they gave me some random london number thats not being answered!

I ask cos I have a French friend starting work in this country and he wondered about the legalities, etc.

UK & EUROPEAN RIDER LOCATOR

UK Zone Thread Here!

My Tillis: Tyres to be decided, Bitubo, Sprint ST Steering Damper, Riflemans 1/5, Quik Tank connector, PCII, Bauwolf Exhaust cans (scratched, doh!), coolant leak gone (for the time being) & std sprockets.
    Restore project 2012: Goodridge hoses, Brake service, replaced snapped levers/pegs, replaced fuel hoses, fixed clutch problems... (as of 8th July 2012)

"Everyone has free will, we must believe it."
    Jeremy Hardy: "The job of the police is not to protect the public, but to protect the state and the smooth running of the economy".

as i understand it mate yellow coloured lights are only legal if on fog lights and not main driving lights... i am not sure that if your french mate was pulled over for any reason that the old bill would say to much about it but dont send me his fine when he does and they do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankslappa
    Yeah I know Tiny, i'm a suckup

no i don't think they are legal here like they are in france

cheers to you "two T's"

since then I've asked a mate whos an MOT inspector and he says he'd pass cars with yellow lights, his main priority is horizontal and vertical positioning.

Que jokes....

UK Zone Thread Here!

My Tillis: Tyres to be decided, Bitubo, Sprint ST Steering Damper, Riflemans 1/5, Quik Tank connector, PCII, Bauwolf Exhaust cans (scratched, doh!), coolant leak gone (for the time being) & std sprockets.
    Restore project 2012: Goodridge hoses, Brake service, replaced snapped levers/pegs, replaced fuel hoses, fixed clutch problems... (as of 8th July 2012)

Jeremy Hardy: "The job of the police is not to protect the public, but to protect the state and the smooth running of the economy".

Originally posted by bikerchris
    cheers to you "two T's"

since then I've asked a mate whos an MOT inspector and he says he'd pass cars with yellow lights, his main priority is horizontal and vertical positioning.

Que jokes....
    horizontal

vertical

2001 Cagiva Raptor 1K black with copper flake, matching wheels with polished rims Rifleman clear clutch cover vandriver pressure plate matris steering damper braking wavy disks belly pan digi gear indicator tail tidy ccc titanium cans.

Originally posted by bikerchris
    his main priority is horizontal and vertical positioning.
    very understandable you can get into BIG trouble if you get your horizontal and vertical positioning wrong and end up trying to go up a no entry road..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankslappa
    Yeah I know Tiny, i'm a suckup

Horsham, second best place in Blighty to live-Official
    Chris, I had yellow tinted bulbs in my motor for the last MOT.
    Only reason it failed was because they were 2 different colours.
    Tester said they would have been fine if the same colour.
    Where the Feck did that extra wheel come from?
    Cardiff trike shop rear end, TSW 235/40/17 rear wheels, duel Hagon monoshocks, custom paint and graphics, Speedking Hayabusa forks, Speedking CF candy blue db screen, Vandriver rear brake reservoir, Vandriver Front brake MC, Vandriver Clutch reservoir, Vandriver CCC, Vandriver billet pressure plate, Vandriver clutch spring retainers,Vandriver rearbrake return spring and seat, Pazzo shorties, Goodridge SS lines, Hayabusa front 6 pots, EBC pro contour rotors, EBC sintered pads, EBC heavy duty clutch springs, Highway hawk rear tail/stop/indicator units, integrated indicator mirrors, vortex filler cap, RatedR aftermarket rearsets, chrome Jaguar XJS fog light.

Originally posted by Tankslappa
    Chris, I had yellow tinted bulbs in my motor for the last MOT.
    Only reason it failed was because they were 2 different colours.
    Tester said they would have been fine if the same colour.
    Nice one shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhlllaaaaaaaaaappppppaaaaaaaaa :Thumbup

now have you ever tried no entry whilst vertical

...not sayin' another word after BN1's comments!

UK Zone Thread Here!

Yellow lights are OK for road use. It's the beam pattern that has to be right. Same as when we go frog-side you have to put those little black strips on the headlights.

TLR's
    >>>>> My TL1000R Videos >>>>> http://videos.streetfire.net/profile/UKBiker1k.htm

LIVING ON EARTH IS EXPENSIVE, BUT YOU DO GET A FREE TRIP ROUND THE SUN EVERY YEAR.

Yellow lights are not OK for UK. It might pass an MOT but that doesn't mean it won't fall foul of lighting regs. Need to be white if they're forward facing lights ie headlights. If he's on a French licence then he'll just get points (if it's an endorseable offence) that sit on the UK database and will only go on his licence if he gets a UK one (which he doesn't need as it's a member state).
    Ohlins damper & fork internals, black double bubble, K+N, bellypan, hugger, undertray, very bling Pazzo Racing levers, clear rear lens with LED's, clear clutch cover, bling clutch plate, Barnett springs, trick heel plates, wavy discs, 5/8 MC, HH pads, gold 6 pot calipers, Scorpion cans, flush-fitting LED indicators, leather seat and hump, Renthal bars

Over 200 laps of the Nurburgring under my belt.

How cool to have my own race track

http://www.adriaraceway.com/home/index.asp

and my own airline

http://www.adria-airways.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast