Germany Run out - 2017 Treffen - 23rd to 25th June. - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Germany Run out - 2017 Treffen - 23rd to 25th June.

Geoff, you must be psychic.

Right, just had it confirmed.
    We will not need tents, beds, bags or blankets, chairs, cooking stuff, cups, fighting irons at the venue.
    All of these will be provided.
    Red, the ONLY Colour.....1997 TLS.....
    'Gixxer Gold on Black Radial forks, Aftermarket Gixxer front mudguard - in red, Gold 4 pad Radial Toks, braided steel lines all round, Gold Nissin 19mm radial front brake master cylinder,
    Gold Nissin 19mm radial clutch master cylinder with Full Hydraulic clutch, Dunlop qualifiers, Baglux in red, Full Yoshi S/S race system & RS3 Gold Titanium oval cans, HID headlights, PC11, Custom map, K&N filter, Ohlins rear - pure gold, +2 rear sprocket, Metmachex swingarm, Cut back black double bubble screen &MotoX bars in gold, waterproof digital clock, R&G Crash bungs, Clear rear lens, LED Tail light with integrated turn signals, Colour match Undertray and Hugger, billet window clutch cover & plate spinner, gold Titax shorty levers, gold rearsets, Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump..all round (literally) nice guy.

currently building up a TLR engined UNO frame and swingarm with TLS body - totally custom paint and parts..........

One Liter Duc Eater geofftl1000r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckshop Ted View Post
    Geoff, you must be psychic.
    And tonight's lottery numbers are ............. 😊

Looks like we'll be travelling light!
    " I started out with nuthin' and I still got most of it left"

Ted, based on the above... when are you guys planning on leaving the UK / what train are you getting thats gets you to Campanile Hotel on the Thursday evening?
    130.8bhp and 77.2 ft.lbs. - Carbon Air Tubes - Race Airbox - Hyper Pro Sterring Damper - Hyper Pro rear Damper - VooDoo RearSets - OZ wheels - Yoshi Exhaust - Van top Triple - Driven Clip-ons - HID Projector Headlight - Custom Radiator Protector - Samco Coolant Hoses - Fan Switch Mod - TRE - DB Smoked Screan - Hell Brake & Clutch Lines - Tail Tidy - Hugger - LED Rear Cluster - Carbon Frame Covers - Black Shorty Levers - K9 Busa Radial Forks - GSXR1000 M/C - 1/5th Throtle Insert - GSXR1000 k9 front fender - Van Sprocket Cover

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

for the bikes it is about 3 1/2 to 4 hours, about 215 miles = full tank plus 2 stops.

So working backwards, if we want to arrive around 3-4pm then we need to leave Calais around 12.30 which means 11am to midday train.
    The continent is one hour ahead so that means a crossing from Folkstone between 10.00 am and 11.00 am.

For the Sunday return I suggest a time of 12.45 to 13.45, (local time) same-ish as last year - puts us in Folkstone near to midday for the onward journey home.

So Nick, if you can only get away in the afternoon then you following 4 hours later will still have you sitting down to dinner with us in Venlo.

Not heard from Gary or Andy yet so will give it a couple more days, will prob book at the weekend and post up my times for every one to copy.
    'Gixxer Gold on Black Radial forks, Aftermarket Gixxer front mudguard - in red, Gold 4 pad Radial Toks, braided steel lines all round, Gold Nissin 19mm radial front brake master cylinder,
    Gold Nissin 19mm radial clutch master cylinder with Full Hydraulic clutch, Dunlop qualifiers, Baglux in red, Full Yoshi S/S race system & RS3 Gold Titanium oval cans, HID headlights, PC11, Custom map, K&N filter, Ohlins rear - pure gold, +2 rear sprocket, Metmachex swingarm, Cut back black double bubble screen &MotoX bars in gold, waterproof digital clock, R&G Crash bungs, Clear rear lens, LED Tail light with integrated turn signals, Colour match Undertray and Hugger, billet window clutch cover & plate spinner, gold Titax shorty levers, gold rearsets, Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump..all round (literally) nice guy.

currently building up a TLR engined UNO frame and swingarm with TLS body - totally custom paint and parts..........

Ted, I'm easy for time buddy. I've penciled in my dates with work from the Thursday to the following Tuesday.
    I'm thinking (depending if anyone decides to hitch a ride i the bus) that I will head down on the wednesday evening possible so I'm close by on the Thursday morning to make the crossing at folkestone.
    130.8bhp and 77.2 ft.lbs. - Carbon Air Tubes - Race Airbox - Hyper Pro Sterring Damper - Hyper Pro rear Damper - VooDoo RearSets - OZ wheels - Yoshi Exhaust - Van top Triple - Driven Clip-ons - HID Projector Headlight - Custom Radiator Protector - Samco Coolant Hoses - Fan Switch Mod - TRE - DB Smoked Screan - Hell Brake & Clutch Lines - Tail Tidy - Hugger - LED Rear Cluster - Carbon Frame Covers - Black Shorty Levers - K9 Busa Radial Forks - GSXR1000 M/C - 1/5th Throtle Insert - GSXR1000 k9 front fender - Van Sprocket Cover

Rich, you heard from Hobbit boy Toledo and whether he still wants to go or not?

yea, Toledo can't make it.

Alright Gents, I could do with a bit of advice (been my first bike trip into Europe). I need to decide how I'm getting down to Folkstone, I was thinking of setting off from Leeds Wednesday evening and stopping over at some mates near Stratford, then doing the second leg on Thursday morning. But given the fact its still 170+ to the tunnel and we're going for an am crossing, I'm wondering if I'm better booking Wednesday off work and riding down from Leeds to Folkstone through the day and staying in a travel lodge , holiday inn (or whatever) that evening. Hopefully get a good rest and meeting up with the rest of you at the tunnel in the morning. What do you think?

Cheers, Bob (Ted Simon I aint !!)

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Bob View Post
    I'm wondering if I'm better booking Wednesday off work and riding down from Leeds to Folkstone through the day and staying in a travel lodge , holiday inn (or whatever) that evening. Hopefully get a good rest and meeting up with the rest of you at the tunnel in the morning. What do you think?

Cheers, Bob (Ted Simon I aint !!)
    Who the F*** is Simon? where did that come from

I would book the Wednesday off as a start anyway.

Some of us have on previous trips spent the Thursday night in Folkestone hotels to start the holiday off and if there is company for me (someone to talk to) I don't mind spending Wednesday night there as well - I'll have a look at what's available if you like.

Ted, I will looking at hitting the road at say 7pm on the Wednesday. I'd like to be somewhere near folkestone by the Thursday morning so there is no mega rush / stress on the Thursday morning.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links