TLZone Forums banner

New TL Owner Needs Help and Advice

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  rxf610 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone:

Last week I finally gave in and purchased the Tiller I've always wanted since 1989 I'm but having problems locating parts.

Please advise where to buy these parts:

D&D Black or Yoshimura RS3 Race Mufflers/Cans
Integrated Tail Light and /or Rear Fender Eliminator Kit
Factory Seat Cowel
Mini LED Front Turn Signals
White Headlight Bulb

Thanks a Million!

#3 ·
I heard the very early ones were carbs rather then fuel injection too! :)

Helps if you add your location as different countries have different suppliers.

#5 ·
I have a factory seat cowl for an R but the shipping would be too expensive.

There's a place in china thats sells new plain white ones for $25 + shipping

#9 ·
The best Intergrated tail light you can get, uses existing housing, you will need to get a clear smoked lense of ebay so the flashers will not be confusing.
http://www.hightechspeed.com/products/Radix/index.asp

I have a pair of yoshi rs3 bolt ons I will be selling but I am in australia so dont know if shipping would kill it, if you are intersted PM me.. they are very fresh,1 can has a very very miner ding that doesnt stand out too much bumped it with a wrench.

#10 ·
Ohh and get use to an empty wallet :laugh

#11 ·
So far I have had problems locating simple slip on cans, only M4, and nobody makes parts for these bikes anymore and I might just sell it.
Owning a Sportbike Motorcycle and having available parts is nice ...
I'm self employed and I don't have time to constantly hunt out parts or wait on some guy in Dubai to sell his D&D pipes! :banghead

#14 ·
So far I have had problems locating simple slip on cans, only M4, and nobody makes parts for these bikes anymore and I might just sell it.
less than 30 seconds on ebay.com and I have found almost 100 slip on cans including Yoshi, M4, Mircron, GPR and many more... Ebay (and TLPlanet & TLZone) have search functions for a reason.

First thing you will discover about TLs and TL Ownership is that you have to work on your bike. If you wanted an easy sports bike, then Honda, Kawasaki, BMW etc all make affordable sportsbikes that work out of the box. A TL is more than that. Every single TL owner on this forum (and TLP) has spent countless hours cursing with dirt up to their elbows modifying these bikes, smoothing out the wrinkles and building until their bikes are extensions of themselves. I have lost count of the hours and £s that I have spent on mine in the last 2 years, and I am sure many of the other members are the same. A TL is more than just a sportsbike.

#12 ·
no worries if you feel that way about the bike then sell it

someone else will appreciate it .

#13 ·
:clap

Delicately phrased as ever but its a fair point. If you are going to adopt an old machine you have to take all the idiosyncrasies that come with it; parts availability being one. Given that they stopped making TLs over a decade ago its not surprising to find the aftermarket vendors have moved on.

There are still bespoke manufacturers who will make just about anything you ask for even if it doesn't have the brand name.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.