Thread: SV1000S Snorkle removal?

SV1000S Snorkle removal?

Hey Guy's I have just been doing some Mods to the wifes SV1000 fender eliminator, sliders and hugger etc.
    I decided while I was in the mood to keep working I would clean the airfilter. My question is, is it worth while to remove the snorkle or not and also raise the tank a little, I have a TRE for it coming soon also so after any input.
    TL1000s 17/43 520 chain conversion, Air box mod, PC11, Ivans TRE, K&N, Goodridge SS brake lines, "LOUD" Staintune exhausts, 1/5 throttle, 6 pot's and 5/8th M/C, Banzai Bikers heel guards, Fan switch mod, 98+ thermostat mod, SV1000 lower fairing, hugger, flush mount (clear) indicators, clear tail light, Clear clutch cover, 6 spring clutch, red clutch spring retainers, Rear wave rotor and the undertail removed and now a Corbin seat.
    My Wifes SV1000s 2003 S/S front brake lines, carbon fibre hugger, undertail removed, TRE, snorkle removed, Chewys tank raiser, Chewys Angle can Mod, chewys lowering links, Chewy's PAIR valve removal kit 2Brothers cans, 1/5 throttle, ZG DB screen, blue levers, more Blue bling BMC air filter and Corbin seat.

Re: SV1000S Snorkle removal?

Originally posted by woh_man
    Hey Guy's I have just been doing some Mods to the wifes SV1000 fender eliminator, sliders and hugger etc.
    I decided while I was in the mood to keep working I would clean the airfilter. My question is, is it worth while to remove the snorkle or not and also raise the tank a little, I have a TRE for it coming soon also so after any input.
    Removal of the snorkle and raising the tank is worth a couple of horses, but more gain can be had by using a BMC filter and removing the air box top. Aftermarket cans or splurge and get the Ti-Force system. When used with a PCIII is worth 10 to 11 hp. I sealed around the airbox with foam so fresh air is drawn in instead of hot air off the motor.
    If ignorance is bliss, why are there so many unhappy people in this world

seal the gap between the lower part of the airbox and the frame? I haven't thought of that.

true about cool air is better.
    so all you used is foam? would u like to share some pictures?
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...kdancelove.jpg
    "Be formless shapless like water. Now when u pour water into a cup it becomes the cup, you pour it into a bottle it becomes the bottle. Now water can flow or it can crash, be water my friend" - Bruce

Originally posted by gunluvS14
    seal the gap between the lower part of the airbox and the frame? I haven't thought of that.

true about cool air is better.
    so all you used is foam? would u like to share some pictures?

I'll try to get you some pics next time I have the tank up. The foam I use is called armaflex and it is in the shape of a tube. It's good to a temp of about 220 F . I covered it with some thin aluminum heat reflective tape. It's for one inch pipe and conforms it's shape well enough to seal off the air box to the frame. I had to use a piece of sheet metal attched to the back of the lower portion of the airbox to seal the back of the airbox to the bottom of the tank, making the bottom of the tank the airbox. I would like to make a kit using carbon fiber to do this, but don't really have the time to develop it.

Originally posted by OldRyder
    I'll try to get you some pics next time I have the tank up. The foam I use is called armaflex and it is in the shape of a tube. It's good to a temp of about 220 F . I covered it with some thin aluminum heat reflective tape. It's for one inch pipe and conforms it's shape well enough to seal off the air box to the frame. I had to use a piece of sheet metal attched to the back of the lower portion of the airbox to seal the back of the airbox to the bottom of the tank, making the bottom of the tank the airbox. I would like to make a kit using carbon fiber to do this, but don't really have the time to develop it.

Intresting idea
    www.chewys-stuff.co.uk/

CUSTOM SV AND TL PARTS

Originally posted by chewy22
    Intresting idea

OH CRAP!!! Chewy has seen my idea for the carbon fiber version. Shoot me a PM if you want to do something with these Chewy. I've got a prototype in aluminum but it needs a bit of fitting yet.

Originally posted by OldRyder
    OH CRAP!!! Chewy has seen my idea for the carbon fiber version. Shoot me a PM if you want to do something with these Chewy. I've got a prototype in aluminum but it needs a bit of fitting yet.
    no NO NO not going to rip you off Just seems like a good idea and would like to see how it will work on my SV. I Would like to see the pics could you send them to my web address www.chewys-stuff.co.uk/ There is an e-mail address on the site.
    www.chewys-stuff.co.uk/

CUSTOM SV AND TL PARTS