Custom Frame Job ?'s
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By geofftl1000r

Thread: Custom Frame Job ?'s

Riverside, Communist Republic of California

Custom Frame Job ?'s

I'm toying with the idea of taking my 97 TLS motor and using it to make a scrambler. I want to do a custom tube frame. This is still a year or two down the road, but I want to fill that time with knowledge acquisition. My question to you is, are there any pics of this being done with a TL motor and do any of you have any pointers to reading material? Frame design and the front end I understand no problem. I actually want to learn more about the relationship of the swingarm pivot pinion relationship. I've already done some reading on www.tonyfoale.com and www.victorylibrary.com, but Im always looking to pick the brains of my TL brethren.
    In a bajillion pieces............

Awaiting Resurrection

Resurrection started....23 June 2012

there are flat tracker frames available.
    also cagiva raptor frames may be a suitable donor
    have a look at some modern trail bikes to check modern thinking on placement

cheers stu

Naked TLS 97 , D port heads, TRE, Carrozzaria gold wheels, GSXR750 triples and forks, R1 calipers, Ti Force titanium exhaust system, welded clutch centre, ring-in CCC, polished pressure plate, 999 ducati radiator, custom handlebar fairing, polished ali screen, TLR clocks, Van reservoirs, TLR swingarm, TLR Ohlins rear shock, Norton Commando handlebars on 65mm risers, extra heavy polished billet brass bar-ends, custom shaped seat pad, billet levers and pegs, stainless brake lines, modified airbox, PC11 ,undertail, hugger, clear taillight lens, hidden LED number plate lights, Personal number plate (97TLS),SV coils, ring-in pushrod seal saver.

flat tracker frames you say.
    any links?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Do some searches in the photo sections here

been a few pictures posted up

cheers stu

Naked TLS 97 , D port heads, TRE, Carrozzaria gold wheels, GSXR750 triples and forks, R1 calipers, Ti Force titanium exhaust system, welded clutch centre, ring-in CCC, polished pressure plate, 999 ducati radiator, custom handlebar fairing, polished ali screen, TLR clocks, Van reservoirs, TLR swingarm, TLR Ohlins rear shock, Norton Commando handlebars on 65mm risers, extra heavy polished billet brass bar-ends, custom shaped seat pad, billet levers and pegs, stainless brake lines, modified airbox, PC11 ,undertail, hugger, clear taillight lens, hidden LED number plate lights, Personal number plate (97TLS),SV coils, ring-in pushrod seal saver.

One Liter Duc Eater geofftl1000r's Avatar
    Maybe not the way to go.............
    Custom Frame Job ?'s-tl-flat-tracker.jpg
    The Ring-In likes this.
    " I started out with nuthin' and I still got most of it left"

A scrambler of sorts.......

A couple flat trackers........

January 2012 TLOTM & BBOTM

Sponsored Links