Very moving words Del and a fine tribute to your Dad

#10 ·
#11 ·
Beautiful words for a great man I belive :hail well said Del

R.I.P mr Thorne

#13 ·
Beautiful Tribute Dell

#14 ·
del, your father has a great son. he was very lucky to have you!

#15 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, we where the lucky one's. If I can be the half a dad my dad was I will be proud. I will strive to do that. Thanks for everything. I felt alone in this besides my immediate family but since I've learned how many of you care. I'm humbled and speechless for the support I've received from you.:hail

#16 ·
That is a great tribute. If you can, please post a picture of him.

#18 · (Edited)
Dad and mom have been married for 51 years. I fear mom will leave us soon without dad.

This was Christmas Day 2006

Dad doing what he loved to do. I have a lot of photos and video I need to compile.

I failed to take many pics this year of Christmas because I allowed my Son Alex (6) to take most of them.

Alex had a ton of fun but I really wished I would have took some good pictures of dad since this was

his last Christmas with us. I knew Christmas felt wierd this year and now I know why.

#20 ·
That was very well said Del.
Also great to see photos of your dad, I'm sure he's proud of his son.

#21 ·
My condolences Del to you and your family. Lost my father in July also. Years ago when I got my first cycle I pulled up in front of the porch where my mother and father were standing. I said "this is what I do when I drag race" and screamed away with the rear tire smoking. My brother said my mom turned to my dad and said "I don't like that at all" Dad replied-hell, he's in the Navy he can drive what he wants. Good old dad.

#22 ·
Speechless...having lost my father when I turned 21...my condolences to you and yours.

#23 ·
Thanks guys. I always thought mom would pass first this does not seem real to us but we know it is. I will build a website in honor of my dad with pictures and video he did. The man at age 69 started learning how to operate a computer and became pretty good with croping, editing and resizing images. He loved printing off those pictures. I think he was as good as I am in this area.

#24 ·
I finally got my bothers letter up to dad.

We are both dealing with this pretty much in the same way.

here it is

#26 ·
Very touching Del, your father would be proud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.