New bike - FJR 1300

Thread: New bike - FJR 1300

One Liter Duc Eater tartanterror's Avatar

New bike - FJR 1300

I bought a 2001 FJR 1300 as I'd always wanted to try a big sports tourer.
    It's big and heavy but takes off if you cane it. Top gear still gives good acceleration for overtaking. It's a heavy, fast armchair. I don't like the electric adjustable screen - any setting other than high sees loads of noise and head buffeting, full up is quiet but you are looking through the screen, which I don't like. Bars are fixed cast alloy and non adjustable, they hurt my wrists.
    After two weeks I'm getting used to its weight and loving the torque. but it's not a keeper, I don't think.
    Swopping between it and the TLS and my tuned XT 600 is funny ! Especially to the XT. It's an interesting relationship with the FJR though. A cuddly , comfy ride that has oomph and does its job but just not dirty and sexy enough to be exciting.

Evil Twin
    I have one as well. I really enjoy mine. You can get handlebar risers if need be. That might make it a little more comfortable for you.

One Liter Duc Eater tartanterror's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickysnicker View Post
    I have one as well. I really enjoy mine. You can get handlebar risers if need be. That might make it a little more comfortable for you.
    Thanks . I'm looking at some. Why did Yamaha make a tourer with non adjustable bars though ??

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Evil Twin
    I haven't a clue. I can only guess because they consider it a sport touring bike, otherwise I don't know.

I have one too and love it..most weekends i put another 200 odd miles on the odometer and it does it with so much ease...i have a Triumph rocket3 including the TLS and every riding day ime drawn to the FJR and leave the other 2 crying in the garage.
    My TDM850 for when ime 55 and my TL1000s for when ime 25 leaving my Triumph Rocket3 for being a bad arse

Sponsored Links