30K views 135 replies 18 participants last post by  BikePilot 
#1 ·

more to come :pirate

See less See more
#3 ·
:devious

I'm waiting to start a bidding war in the staff section for that one:laugh

#4 ·
As most everyone knows I've been attending law school in MA. This spring once finals were done I flew down to FL to hang with my parents for a week and then made my way out to Denver for a 6-week internship.

While in FL we did a little dirt biking

#5 ·
We swam in the pool

And caught some beautiful sunsets

And modded the 919 :doug

Then took it for a test-ride

#6 ·
There were torti in the lawn

And at the Zoo

#7 ·
At age 50 my mom decided to take up tennis. She's not half bad:hail

#8 ·
We canoed/kayaked out to where the dolphins like to feed

This one snagged a fish right next to our boat. It was so close I thought for a second that the dophine was going to give us a bump.

#9 · (Edited)
Then, at 4:30am on the 29th of May I was on my way.

I covered 1086 miles of rather boring roadways the first day and didn't take any pics. That evening I stayed with Malcom from Advrider in Shreveport LA who kindly fed me and put me up for the night. I arrived at his place just before dark.
This is my track from day 1. I maintained an overall average speed of 66mph (including stops).

The following day I swung though Benbrook TX to have lunch with my dad's mom and her husband Herbert.

#10 · (Edited)
I then rode across the vast expanse of nothingness known as West Texas to visit my mom's dad and his wife in Silverton TX.

This was my route for the day. Much fewer miles, but dinner and lunch with grandparents takes time. I was glad I didn't need to go as far because the temps were hovering around 100 deg F.

I arrived at my Grandad's in time for dinner. We grilled some delicious steaks for dinner and the next morning went to the local airfield where my grandad's new-to-him 1969 Aero Commander 100 Darter awaited us

Planes have lean angle too ya know:deal

We managed to get down inside a canyon which was pretty cool:pirate

#11 ·
I left his house that afternoon and stuck off to attend an Advrider BBQ hosted by Mountain Eagle in Denver.

Flat nothingness continued and went unphotographed, then in NM the rocky mountains loomed in the distance (and thankfully the temps dropped out of the tripple digits!)

#12 · (Edited)
These are my tracks from Day 3, well the latter half of it anyway. I didn't take the GPS flying with me.

I arrived at the BBQ as things were winding down. I was pretty worn out and didn't take any pics. There was some food left though:yumyum and I met lots of cool people. One of these people was Casey who volunteered to put me up for as long as I needed while I was in Denver:hail

I followed Casey back to his place from the BBQ, then from there we went to a Hawaiian-themed Lou hosted by a friend of his. More good food:yumyum Eventually we got back to the house and I got some overdue sleep:)

#14 ·
Then I went to work. My internship was as a summer law clerk for Judge Gorsuch on the 10th Circuit Court of Apeals in the Byron White Courthouse in Denver. A fine place to spend 6 weeks imho.

The courthouse used to be the city post office

Denver had some very nice architecture. It was more fresh, modern and clean than most of the east coast, but still had perhaps a few more historical buildings in use than much of the west coast. A very nice mix. I particularly liked the integration of old and new with this church and office building

#18 ·

#19 ·
#20 ·
#21 ·
Awesome pics!! :hail Nice lil' trip you took. :thumbup

#22 ·
Then after work one evening the following week I made a run up Mt. Evans.

Here's my tracks

#23 ·
sweet trip man! when are you going to be back in town?

#24 ·
I'm back now:pirate

#25 ·
well free yourself up for some jet skiin on saturday :devious

#27 ·
Might just be able to manage that:thumbup

#26 ·
#28 ·
#29 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.