Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pin location on ecu

Baby Twin

Pin location on ecu

Hi,
    I have just aquired a `97TLS ECU and need to find out which pin on the block connectors is the A/T pin.
    My bike does not have this system but the ecu requires it to fire up.
    I have looked all over the place but cannot find out which pin it is.
    I know from a mutual friend that someone on here will know and point me towards the pin.
    Cheers,
    John.

I have a Navigator and just yesterday went over to Cham's where we swapped ECU's. His TLS ran with my ECU but my Navigator wouldn't run with his ECU.

What did you mutual friend suggest and why do you want a differant ECU?

There is a common misbelief that the 97 ecu makes more power.

It doesn't........

Its power delivery is crude and rough. people think this is more power.

In fact its just less low and midrange, so the top feels stronger.

the later one has more low and midrange so more power overall.

cheers stu

Naked TLS 97 , D port heads, TRE, Carrozzaria gold wheels, GSXR750 triples and forks, R1 calipers, Ti Force titanium exhaust system, welded clutch centre, ring-in CCC, polished pressure plate, 999 ducati radiator, custom handlebar fairing, polished ali screen, TLR clocks, Van reservoirs, TLR swingarm, TLR Ohlins rear shock, billet tank cap, Norton Commando handlebars on 65mm risers, extra heavy polished billet brass bar-ends, custom shaped seat pad, billet levers and pegs, stainless brake lines, modified airbox, PC11 ,undertail, hugger, clear taillight lens, hidden LED number plate lights, Personal number plate (97TLS),SV coils, ring-in pushrod seal saver.

Baby Twin
    Other people with the same bike as me have had it done and made more power with a 97 ecu.
    My friend suggested I ask on here for someone to help identify the pin the suzuki uses but the cagiva does not.
    I need to know which one is the a/t pin,the suzuki utilises this pin through a 100 ohm resistor to earth as a
    rudimentary immobiliser so the ecu will not boot up without this connection.The Cagiva does not use this pin.

The raptor tops out at 105hp according to the specs

so the ecu should be more powerful as you say.

it also follows that you should get the later one for the best outcome..

the 100 ohm resistor is in the ignition switch so tracing the wiring diagram back from the switch will locate it.

the resistor is a load signal to the ECU I don't think its a kill circuit. rather the opposite.

have a look in the frquent mods forum cos sam published a racing wiring diagram

this should should show the wiring you need without the extra stuff

cheers stu

Naked TLS 97 , D port heads, TRE, Carrozzaria gold wheels, GSXR750 triples and forks, R1 calipers, Ti Force titanium exhaust system, welded clutch centre, ring-in CCC, polished pressure plate, 999 ducati radiator, custom handlebar fairing, polished ali screen, TLR clocks, Van reservoirs, TLR swingarm, TLR Ohlins rear shock, billet tank cap, Norton Commando handlebars on 65mm risers, extra heavy polished billet brass bar-ends, custom shaped seat pad, billet levers and pegs, stainless brake lines, modified airbox, PC11 ,undertail, hugger, clear taillight lens, hidden LED number plate lights, Personal number plate (97TLS),SV coils, ring-in pushrod seal saver.

Right,
    Finally figured out what needs to be done to get the tl1000s ecu to work on cagiva raptor.
    Now as of yet i cant say if it will make any difference to the power as havent put it on dyno,but when i do i will update this thread.

Basically the tls ecu(a mate told me) has a 100 ohm resistor inside the ignition which is earthed through the ignition and it acts like a simpleAnti-Theft device(KNOW AS "AT" IN RAP/TLS MANUAL)
    Now the raptor ecu still has the pin in the ecu for this wire,but isnt connected as they dont use it.
    Now as i found out if you put a tls ecu on raptor and turn engine over you will get the "F1" light flashing and can get fault code C44 Which is for the "AT" fault which works by stopping the fuel pump/relay working.
    So what you have to do is connect a wire into pin "40" on the big block connector(bottom row) on the raptor loom and fit an inline 100ohm resistor and connect it/splice in to any earth wire(BLUE COLOUR) and then it will work:-)
    Hope that made sense
    So lets wait and see what, happens on the dyno.

This was written in 2006, just read through the thread and it seemed he (TL Monkey) did not get a conclusive gain in BHP.
    Taken from Raptor Chapter.
    Certainly think there is something in this though, the missing piece that TL Monkey didn't do it seems was get a custom map for TLS ECU to maximise the benefit.

threa

Baby Twin
    Hi Cormerant135.
    Thanks for your reply but I already know this.What I need to know is which pin is pin 40.
    They are not numbered on the wiring diagram or ecu.

The ring in,Sams diagram was no help as he just connected the wires which exist on the tl but not the raptor.
    Thanks everyone.
    I will find out one way or another.

From the Raptor chapter thread it states the the fuel pump is disabled.
    The two wires of the fuel pump are Orange (for the live?) and blue for the earth.
    The only Orange wire going into the ECU is in the larger of the two connectors.

Now holding the ECU with the thin and thick side upermost and the connectors furthest away from you the connector clip holes should be uppermost with the larger connector on the left.

The orange wire is indeed the 3rd pin in from the left on the top row of pins as you are holding it and when you turn it up to look it is indeed the 3rd pin in from the left now on the bottom row as described by TLMonkey. Think he stated that the resistor just needs to be connected to earth (Blue wire)

One on the large connector (marked E1) on the wiring diagram and
    three on the smaller connector (marked E01, E02, and E03)

Baby Twin
    I have just been looking at a wiring diagram for the tls ecu and it lists the A/T pin as No.39 ?
    Which makes it 4th in from the right,bottom row,right hand(large connector)
    as you look at the connectors with the connector clips at the top.
    According to the suzuki FI system diagram pin 40 is part of the tip over sensor circuit.

[QUOTE=TLmonkey;] "Right,

Now as i found out if you put a tls ecu on raptor and turn engine over you will get the "F1" light flashing and can get fault code C44 Which is for the "AT" fault which works by stopping the fuel pump/relay working./QUOTE]

Based my assumptions on the work of TLMonkey, this will need to be double checked. I will do some more digging.

Tlmonkey did go on to say in the full thread http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/view...hp?f=11&t=1591
    that he did test it at the zone Dyno day but it was a Swiss ECU (which was possibly restricted).

He then went on to test another ECU (Probably a UK one) at Quill exhausts. There were some significant gains from low straight through to 8000 RPM where it tailed of giving a slightly lower final BHP figure than the Cagiva ECU.
    He did therefor manage to wire up two ECU's and test.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast