Any mechanics in Philly? PLEASE HELP!!!

Thread: Any mechanics in Philly? PLEASE HELP!!!

Any mechanics in Philly? PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello all...

8 years ago I made the huge mistake of lending my TLR to a family member and he wrecked. I am still trying to get my TL on the road. I have been little by little piecing it back together over the years, but I am running into problems. It is almost ready, but I cannot get past what appears to be a clutch problem. I have replaced the master and slave cylinders, clutch plates, springs, fibers, bolts...basically the entire clutch system. The bike rides until the temp gets to 180...then I lose my clutch completely. I let go of it completely and the bike goes nowhere. Before the bike gets up to 180 it rides fine. I have had 2 guys look at it and they are totally confused. If you are a mechanic (professional or not) in the Philadelphia area and are willing to come over and take a look at it, please PLEASE contact me so we can negotiate time, date, cost, etc.

I would love to get my baby back on the road this summer. I was screwed by the family member who paid for the new plastics but refuses to pay for the bike to be fixed, and I am tired letting the riding seasons pass by without me enjoying my bike.
    Hip-Hop Fans: Check out www.myspace.com/bigkrazeone
    R.I.P. Eric Jr.(04/09/2007 - 04/29/2007)

1998 TL1000R (Yellow/Black): Yoshi RS3 full system, K&N Filter, PCII, LED Tail Lights w/integrated turn signals, Clear Alternatives taillight, Airtech fairings, Undertail & Hugger, LP Frame Sliders, Vandriver's Tail Risers.

Hmmmm....Are you sure all the plates, fibers and shimbs are in the right order or not missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikuza View Post
    Now all you need is a full fairing, a second set of injectors, better cams, 6 spring clutch, full fairing and a beam frame and you might have a decent bike

Bike Gallery

http://www.tlzone.net/forums/vbgarag...o=view&id=9887

Quote Originally Posted by N2DEEP View Post
    Hmmmm....Are you sure all the plates, fibers and shimbs are in the right order or not missing?
    I am unsure. The two guys that came to look at it said they seemed to be fine, but I know little more than general maintenance and minor upkeep. Beyond that is beyond me.

1998 TL1000R (Yellow/Black): Yoshi RS3 full system, K&N Filter, PCII, LED Tail Lights w/integrated turn signals, Clear Alternatives taillight, Airtech fairings, Undertail & Hugger, LP Frame Sliders, Vandriver's Tail Risers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Soo...1 1/2 years and 2 mechanics later and this problem has still not been solved. Both guys are certified Suzuki techs and took the entire clutch system apart. After putting it back together the problem persists. Both guys are stumped. I really don't want to get rid of my TL. Does anyone have a "thinking outside of the box" suggestion that we may be missing? I miss being on the bike...especially after all of the hell that I have been through in the past few years (death of a son, death of my mother, marriage falling apart...just to name a few). Riding was my escape...now I feel like I'm just going crazy!

Any suggestions, guys?

Hello did u figure the problem out

One Liter Duc Eater Pat Man TLR's Avatar
    Pull your clutch master cylinder apart and clean it, it sounds as if your clutch is not releasing the pressure back to the master cylinder, it is building and keeping the pressure in the slave cylinder which disengage the clutch. There is a small orifice return hose in the master cylinder which can be plugged very easy. Have you replaced the lines if not is it the OEM rubber brake hose still on it? That could be breaking down and plugging the master cylinder.

Sponsored Links